San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ONLINE SALES HAVE ENDED FOR THIS EVENT. TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE GATE STARTING AT 5PM.
Join the New Orleans Museum of Art and the New Orleans Film Society as we present the spring series of Movies in the Garden in the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden! All programming for the evening is free with admission to the event. On Friday, May 17th, we're screening the Oscar-nominated Beasts of the Southern Wild.
Come before the movie starts for live music and art activities!
- 5:30 -7:30 p.m.: Music by TBA
- 5-7:30 p.m.: Art Activity
- 8 p.m.: Film screening: Beasts of the Southern Wild
Food Vendors: Crepes a la Cart, La Cocinita, Green To Go NOLA, & Ye Olde Kettle Cooker Popcorn
Admission: $6 for adults, $3 for NOMA/NOFS Members (Members are allotted 4 tickets at the discounted rate) & children, 7 to 17. Guests who purchase admission to the museum will also have access to the Sculpture Garden and activities. Children 6 and under are free.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Due to the sculptures and the architecture, no outside food or beverages will be permitted. Multiple food vendors will be available for refreshments.
- No bug candles with an open flame allowed.
- No pets allowed.
- Please bring a blanket or folding chair for seating. And an extra blanket in case it gets chilly!
- When available, films will be subtitled for the hearing impaired.
- Please print and bring your ticket(s) to the event entrance (attached in PDF format). If you cannot print your tickets, a check in list will be at the door. Names are listed by purchaser.
NOMA members can call (504) 658-4130 to obtain a new card, retrieve their member #, or renew their membership.
Rain Date Info: The scheduled rain date for the screenings will be the following Tuesday evening, May 21st.. If weather becomes a factor, guests who purchased tickets through Eventbrite will receive an email on the afternoon on the original film date. Other notifications will be on NOMA’s web site, Facebook, and Twitter. Guests can receive a refund if they cannot attend the rain date. All refund requests must be received by no later than 5 days after the original date by 5 p.m. (May 22nd). After that date, tickets will be honored at the Admissions Desk for museum entry.
When & Where
The New Orleans Museum of Art
MISSION: The mission of the New Orleans Museum of Art is to inspire the love of art; to collect, preserve, exhibit and present excellence in the visual arts; to educate, challenge and engage a diverse public.
VISION: The guiding vision of the New Orleans Museum of Art is to advance its position as a premier national visual arts Museum vital to the cultural and educational life of our city, state and region.