Mountain & Adventure Film Festival (MAFF) Gathering
Friday, October 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM - Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 4:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Space is limited. Buy your All Access Pass today!
SNOW VALLEY MOUNTAIN RESORT IS LOCATED ON CA-18 BETWEEN THE TOWNS OF RUNNING SPRINGS AND BIG BEAR LAKE, APPROXIMATELY 1.5 HOURS FROM LOS ANGELES.
Come for the weekend, or join us for a day at the 2016 Mountain & Adventure Film Festival Gathering! Starting Friday afternoon, the SoCal outdoor community will come together to camp, climb, explore, play, eat, drink, and watch films. Get your pass today to enjoy everything!
Your pass includes access to the Gathering, Vendor Village, all clinics, classes, and excursions (capacity limitations may apply to certain events), games and contests, films after dark, camping on-site, and an online pass to the 2017 Mountain & Adventure Film Festival (a $29.99 value).
Early Bird Pass Pricing - $20 adult - June 1st - July 31st
General Pass Pricing - $40 adult / $15 child - August 1st - October 9th
One night Film Pass - $10 adult / $5 child - August 1st - October 9th
Presented By: Film Festival Flix | Goal Zero | Snow Valley Mountain Resort
In Association With: Gramicci | Boosted Boards | 360 Fly
With Support From: adidas Outdoor | Loaded Boards | Adventure 16 | Sterling Rope Co | Tentsile | Evolv Sports | Slackline Industries | Just Water | Clif Bar | Rim of the World Climbing Club | Rim Search and Rescue | Neo's Pizza
PREMIERE EVENTS: (Schedule TBA)
- Slide Show with Adidas Outdoor Athlete, Mayan Smith-Gobat from her Patagonian expedition with Ines Papert and free ascent of “Riders on the Storm”
- Presentation and Book Signing with Outdoor Research Athlete, Hans Florine on “On the Nose: A Lifelong Obsession with Yosemite’s Most Iconic Climb“
- Slide Show with Adidas Outdoor Athletes, Mayan Smith-Gobat and Ben Rueck on their climbing expedition to the Karsts of China
- Morning Yoga Classes with North Face and LaSportiva Athlete, and Founder of Earth Play Retreats, Heidi Wirtz
- Climbing, Hiking and Trail Running with North Face Athlete, Cedar Wright; Arc’Teryx Athlete, Craig DeMartino; and Petzl and LaSportiva Athlete, Will Mayo
- Paragliding and Hang gliding (H3+/P3+ pilots only) with North Face Athlete, Cedar Wright; A limited number of tandem flights will be available for booking and purchase through the Crestline Soaring Society affiliated flight schools.
- Downhill Skateboarding with Loaded Boards Athlete, Arian Chamasmany
- Slacklining Demos and Lessons
- Adventure and Nature Photography clinics with Getty Images Photographer and Ellen Degeneres Show Photo Editor, Sarah Hummert
- Award-Winning Adventure Films after dark from the 2016 Mountain & Adventure Film Festival:
Friday Night – 2016 MAFF Grand Prize Winner, “CITADEL” and “FLEDGLINGS” presented by Filmmaker / Athlete, Cedar Wright
Saturday Night – “ONEKOTAN: THE LOST ISLAND” & “THE WHITE MAZE” with Filmmaker / Athlete (Red Bull, Elan Skis, Peak Performance, Smith Optics), Matthias Mayr.
ADDITIONAL EVENTS: (Schedule TBA)
- Vendor Village (Gear, Apparel, Food, Drinks and Technology)
- Games and Contests
- Climbing and Trail Running/Hiking Tours throughout the SB’s with the Rim of the World Climbing Club
(Hungover Wall and the Exploration Trail on Keller Peak, Castle Rock in Big Bear Lake, Snow Valley Boulders, and Sphinx Rock at the Cliffhanger)
- Yoga with former IDF member, ultra marathon runner, and celebrity Yoga instructor, Yael Abraham
- Food Booths (available for purchase from participating local restaurants)
- Drinks available at the Snow Valley Bar
Save This Event
When & Where
Film Festival Flix Mountain & Adventure Film Festival
The Mountain & Adventure Film Festival is an online festival celebrating world class athletes, explorers, filmmakers, adventures and awe-inspiring locations from the remote corners of the planet! It's online and it's easy to use.
Film Festival Flix gives you access to all the films in our line-up, On Demand, 24 hours a day. You can watch on your computer, smart phone, tablet, or Internet connected TV. The Mountain & Adventure Film Festival is live February 16th - March 19th, 2017. You can watch the 2016 winning films anytime with a 30 day pass, or get a monthly subscription to get five films monthly that will inspire you for the sports and seasons to come.
Watch the Films and BE INSPIRED!