Mortified Austin: Back To School - August 9th & 10th
Ripped from the pages of real life, Mortified (getmortified.com) stars everyday adults sharing their most embarrassing and real childhood letters, lyrics, journals, home movies and artwork... in front of total strangers. Equal parts comedy, theater, & therapy.
Hailed by This American Life, NBC's Today Show, Esquire, Entertainment Weekly, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, LA Weekly, & Talk of the Nation. Mortified exists on the stage (from DC to LA to Sweden), the page and the web. Never the same show twice.
Mortified's Austin chapter also features music from The After School Special!
IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES:
- SEATING: Please be advised, seating is limited (1st come, 1st served). Some attendees are standing. If seating is important to you,our best suggestion is to have a member of your party arrive when doors open. If you have health issues that require special arrangements, email us far in advance &, where possible, we will do our best to help.
- AGES: 18+.
- DOOR TIMES: House doors open 60 min. prior to an event (usually about 7pm).
- CANCELLATIONS: All tickets are non-refundable as per the policy of the ticketing vendor.
- NO-SHOWS: Tickets are held for until showtime. After that time, space is released to wait listed patrons.
- COST: Online adv. ticketing is lower than day-of door prices
- WAIT LISTS/SOLD OUT STATUS. If a show is sold out, the venue does offer 'some' tickets at the door on the night of a show. The # of people we can let in fluctuates each month due to a variety of factors, but our goal is try to get everyone in. Please note, tickets bought at the door for a sold-out show are generally for standing room only.
- COME EARLY FOR PICTURES!!! Take pictures with us. They are free because we love you.
See you at the show!
Sign up for Mortified's official mailing list to get news on future shows, special events and more.
* * * *
Love the live show? Share the shame at home, too. Check out our books. In stores everywhere. Our debut anthology, Mortified: Real Words, Real People, Real Pathetic, has been hailed by NBC's Today Show, DailyCandy, E! and Esquire. Our second anthology, the romance-themed Mortified: Love Is a Battlefield , continues the Mortified tradition, delivering a heartbreaking Valentine to our collective past.
* * *