Monday, Wednesday, Friday Morning Campus Tours
Weekly Event - Every Monday Wednesday & Friday: 10:00 AM (EDT)
Welcome to Thomas Jefferson University!
· The campus tour provides a general overview of campus facilities. Tour does not include an individual counseling session or transcript review.
· Information & Group Counseling Sessions with information specific to your area of interest are held throughout the year. We also host Fall and Spring Open Houses. You must register for these separately. Please see Campus Tour FAQ’s for dates and times.
· Tours are not associated with Jefferson School of Graduate Studies or Jefferson Medical College. Please contact them directly to learn more information.
· When selecting the number of tickets on the registration form, please include yourself and each guest in your party.
· Special reservations are required for groups larger than 10. Please contact the Admissions Office Directly at 215-503-8890 or Toll Free at (1-877) 533-3247 to schedule your large group tour.
Please read the Campus Tour FAQ’s below for more detailed information. We look forward to meeting you and your family!
Campus map: www.jefferson.edu/directions/TJU_campus_map.cfm
CAMPUS TOUR FAQ's
Normally, the tour lasts between 60-90 minutes. Please remember that tours leave PROMPTLY at their scheduled times. We ask that you plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your tour. If you are going to be late for your scheduled tour, please call 215-503-8890 or Toll Free at (1-877) 533-3247 to reschedule your tour for another time. We will be happy to reschedule you for a later tour that day (if available) or another date/time of your choosing.
Due to the high volume of visitors we see during tours, individual counseling sessions are by appointment only. Generally speaking, we prefer that you plan to attend one of our Information Sessions, Group Counseling Sessions, or Open Houses so that you may gain the most from your visit to Thomas Jefferson. Please keep in mind that not all of these events allow counselors time to review transcripts individually. However, an Admissions representative will always cover the necessary prerequisites required for your program of interest during one of the on-campus events and answer questions. Please read the descriptions carefully so that you pick the best event(s) for your needs. Click here to see our list of on-campus events and register.
Yes. The tour is a walking tour of Thomas Jefferson University with a mix of indoor and outdoor stops. Appropriate footwear is strongly recommended. Please remember that we are located in Center City, Philadelphia and you may encounter construction during your tour.
Trained student workers and Admissions staff lead the tours of campus. Jefferson tour guides are able to give the history and current uses of university buildings, inform visitors of university traditions, and provide their own views and perspectives of the Thomas Jefferson student experience.
Absolutely! We especially encourage the parents and siblings to come along on the tour with the prospective student. We just ask that you register your anticipated number of visitors on your Eventbrite tour registration.
If the inclement weather is light to moderate, your tour will continue as planned. Only if severe weather conditions, such as heavy snow storms, will a tour cancel. When you register, please make sure you provide accurate contact information so that we may get in touch with you should we need to reschedule a tour.
Dress for the tour is casual. Remember, the tour is a walking tour, so wear comfortable shoes! For tours during the summer months, you may want to bring a hat, sunglasses, or sunscreen or a combination of all three. If rain is in the forecast, don't forget an umbrella or poncho! Jefferson will provide umbrellas in the case of unexpected showers.
Please contact Thomas Jefferson’s Office of Admissions directly at 215-803-8890 or Toll Free at (1-877) 533-3247. Should you need to add or remove attendees or change your selected date and time, we will be able to modify any tour reservation for you.