MoMo Joburg is back sponsored by WeChat
Monday, April 14, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CAT)
Sandton , South Africa
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It’s been a crazy start to 2014 – with Mobile World Congress behind us, it’s time for our next Mobile Monday Jo’burg event!
Globally we have seen the rise of instant messaging (IM) chat applications and in our local market, IM chat apps are gaining rapid adoption. Communities are forming within these digital / mobile environments with users engaging every day with each other.
However with this growth, where does this leave brands? Can brands use instant messaging channels to expand their reach to new customers via this growing digital channel?
This is where WeChat is coming to the fore! A powerful instant messaging client with over 300 million users globally is making a strong move into South Africa. But it’s not just about peer to peer messaging, WeChat powers brands to engage and transact with customers.
What can WeChat do for your brand???
Find out at our next Mobile Monday Jo’burg event where Brett Loubser, Head of WeChat Africa will be showcasing the power of mobile media and engagement through WeChat.
REGISTER NOW for this extremely exciting event!
PLEASE NOTE: We are excited to announce that Mobile Monday has partnered with IBM and we will be hosting this event at the IBM Campus in Sandton!
• Date: Monday 14th April 2014
• Time: 18h00
• Venue: IBM Campus, 70 Rivonia Road, Sandton (Across the road from the American Embassy)
• Parking provided
• Drinks and snacks will be served
• Cost: Free as always
Looking forward to seeing you at MOMO
- The MoMo Jo’burg team
When & Where
Mobile Monday South Africa
Mobile Monday is a global community of mobile industry visionaries, developers and influential’s fostering cooperation and cross-border business development through virtual and live networking events to share ideas, best practices and trends from global markets. Mobile Monday has the following objectives:
- To encourage innovation within the mobile sector.
- To facilitate networking between small and large companies, and between local and foreign.
- To help local companies effectively participate in international initiatives through the import and export of visions, concepts, technologies, know-how and best practices.
- To present innovative visions, trends, studies and forecasts from the mobile marketplace.
- To facilitate and create partnerships.
- To contribute to the education of the broader public through its publications, online presence and media partnerships.
Mobile Monday is organized by a group of dedicated volunteers from around the country. Originating in Helsinki, Finland, in the year 2000, Mobile Monday has grown into the world’s leading mobile community.