MOMO Joburg - Changing the World through Innovation sponsored by Rorotika
Monday, May 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM (CAT)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Following on from our hugely succesful event earlier this year, we are holding our annual startup pitch event, you may remember our event last year that was massive and proved to everyone that mobile innovation is alive and kicking in Joburg.
This year we are kicking it into overdrive and we have an awesome sponsor, Rorotika Technologies, who will help showcase some amazing mobile innovations with the theme "Changing the World through Innovation".
After the sponsor’s welcome and presentation, by Rorotika CEO, Frans Joubert, there will be an opportunity for a number of pre-selected mobile innovators to present their “elevator pitch” to the audience. Presentations will be restricted to two minutes each, and the winner will receive: a Samsung Galaxy Note, and the opportunity to become part of the Rorotika incubation program, based on consultation between Rorotika and the winning innovator ( once in a lifetime opportunity here! )
So, if you have a grand idea or an innovation that is mobile related and you need help to develop and market it, this could be your big break! Send a brief description of your innovation/idea to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wed 25 April and we will assess them, and choose the lucky few who will get to present on the 7th May.
We look forward to seeing you!
Time: 5.30 for 6.00pm start
Date: 07 May 2012
Venue: Cafe Culture, Pineslopes Shopping Centre, Witkoppen Road, Fourways
When & Where
Mobile Monday South Africa
Mobile Monday is a global community of mobile industry visionaries, developers and influential’s fostering cooperation and cross-border business development through virtual and live networking events to share ideas, best practices and trends from global markets. Mobile Monday has the following objectives:
- To encourage innovation within the mobile sector.
- To facilitate networking between small and large companies, and between local and foreign.
- To help local companies effectively participate in international initiatives through the import and export of visions, concepts, technologies, know-how and best practices.
- To present innovative visions, trends, studies and forecasts from the mobile marketplace.
- To facilitate and create partnerships.
- To contribute to the education of the broader public through its publications, online presence and media partnerships.
Mobile Monday is organized by a group of dedicated volunteers from around the country. Originating in Helsinki, Finland, in the year 2000, Mobile Monday has grown into the world’s leading mobile community.