MOCO Dirty Dawg Dash and Dig
Saturday, July 13, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (PDT)
The MOCO Dirty Dawg Dash and Dig
(Obstacle 5K and Mud Volleyball Tournament)
All participants must sign liability and release waivers when checking in to receive their number/bracket. Participants must check in for their event 1 hr prior to competing . Participants must be 16 years of age on or before July 13th and have parent signature to participate.
Dawg Dash/Obstacle 5k
The Dirty Dash will comprise of a 5k run with challenging, yet fun obstacles.
- A variety of no less than 10 obstacles including a mud pit, extreme slip n slide, arctic plunge
- Enter as an individual or team
- Teams must consist of at least 4-10 participants that have a team name and register together. They must choose the same race start time during registration
9:00am: First heat takes off 10:00am: 2nd heat takes off
If you preregistered please check in 30 minutes before your heat takes off.
If you don't preregister please check in at 8:00am. (t-shirt sizes will be limited if you don't preregister)
Dirty Dig/Mud Volleyball Tournament Format
The Dirty Dig will comprise of recreational format volleyball in two knee deep mud pits.
• 16 teams: Double Elimination Bracket
- Teams may comprise of 6-10 players (6 players in the pit at a time)
• Rally scoring
- best 2 out of 3 matches
- first 2 games to 21pts, 3rd game to 15 pts
- game must be won by 2 points
• 11:00am – Check-in / 12:00pm – Play begins
Be prepared to get muddy, work hard and leave with a sense of accomplishment.
Prizes will be awarded for best costumes.
Each participant will receive a t-shirt. Please designate size on registation form.
When & Where
Moffat County Booster Club
To promote and encourage the academic, artistic, athletic, and extra-curricular pursuits of student life at Moffat County middle and high school, and to enhance school spirit throughout the schools and our community, through the provision of resources and financial assistance to their organized activites.
Are you ready for some Dirty DAWG fun!!! Here is the MoCo Dirty Dawg Dash and Dig event information.
Parking will be available near the soccer fields.
- Check in will be at west end of Loudy Simpson next to the mud volleyball pits.
- Preregistered 5k Dash participants will need to check in at least 1hr- 30 minutes before their heat takes off to sign the liability waiver and receive their t-shirt.
- Preregistered volleyball participants will need to check in at 11am to sign liability waiver and receive their t-shirt.
- Volleyball team captains will need to meet by the pits at 11:30 for a quick meeting.
- If you are registering for the 5k race or Mud Volleyball Tournament you must register between 8-8:30am.
- The race course will be marked with orange arrows. It will begin by the white pavilion and end at the mud pits. There will be 10 challenging obstacles. Be prepared to get wet and dirty.
- Spectators are encouraged to watch from the soccer field and mud pits where they will be able to see the most action!
- Porta Potties will be located next to the mud pits.
- The best way to clean off is to take a dip in the nice cool river, but we will also have garden hoses for a quick spray off.
We will be giving out trophies for the Best 5k Team Outfit, Best 5k Individual Outfit, Best Volleyball Team Outfit
We will have water, pop & Gatorade for sale. We will also be grilling hot dogs and hamburgers. A lunch plate: burger, chips and drink is $5.