Please join us for an exciting and fun day as a mock disaster victim—
• Help CERT volunteers practice their skills with a hands-on emergency exercise
• MCPS students can earn Student Service Learning (SSL) credit for participating
•Eligible Boy Scouts can fulfill Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge Requirement #7
After check-in, volunteers will receive a briefing on the emergency scenario. Then, they will be assigned roles and work with CERT moulage experts, who will create realistic-looking “injuries.” Volunteers are encouraged to use their prior knowledge of first aid to become realistic actors—demonstrating appropriate symptoms for their assigned “injuries.”
• Participation is limited to youth ages 14 or older and adults
• Come dressed in old clothes—fake blood stains are likely
• Wear protective footwear (e.g., hiking boots, sturdy shoes). No sandals or open-toed shoes.
• Dress appropriately for the weather—rain gear, layers, etc.
• You are welcome to bring a blanket or small ground cover to sit/lie on outside. The scenario may require you to be “down” (even if the ground is wet/muddy)
• Bring a water bottle to keep hydrated and snacks, if you like
• Bring your signed Hold Harmless Agreement/Talent Release Form (attached to your confirmation e-mail/admission ticket)
• Adult chaperones must remain with youth participants at all times.
REGISTER BY DECEMBER 5, 2013—or call for late registration!