Mobile Tech 4 Social Change Halifax
Mobile Tech 4 Social Change Barcamps are local events for people passionate about using mobile technology for social impact and to make the world a better place. Each event includes interactive discussions, hands-on-demos, and collaborations about ways to use, deploy, develop and promote mobile technology in health, advocacy, economic development, environment, human rights, citizen media, to name a few areas. Participants for Mobile Tech 4 Social Change barcamps include nonprofits, mobile app developers, researchers, donors, intermediary organizations, and mobile operators.
- A one-day event on Saturday, May 23rd 2009 at theHubHalifax 1673 Barrington Street, 2nd Floor, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Exploring mobile tech to advance social development for common good
- For anyone interested in how mobile phones are changing the way we organize, advocate, provide health and other social services
- Barcamps are considered an un-conference, where sessions have a leader, but only to faciliate the conversation. It's meant to be an open free flowing dialog.
- Draw together the nonprofit and tech communities to share knowledge and pool resources
- Connect tech developers with nonprofits to form relationships and create opportunties
- Interactive discussions and hand-on-demos
- $10/person ($5/students)
- Proceeds from event will goto a local charity decided by the event attendees