Mobile-Loco@MWC, Spain | Global SoLoMo
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (CET)
Please welcome our new partners, Trademob and ArcSoft
What: Mobile-Loco: The Future of Mobile Location goes Global in Spain (Mobile World Congress)
Date: Wednesday, February 27th (9am to 1pm)
Where: Hall 8.0, Theatre E (see map at bottom of page)
Mobile-Loco is the center stage for Social, Local and Mobile trends at MWC for the second year in a row.
Learn how brands are leveraging emerging technologies and solutions to build lasting brand engagement, relationships and presence in a chaotic and noisy marketplace. Hear how startups and platforms are creating next generation targeting, advertising, and social and the platforms that take advantage of mobile's unique role in business, consumer lifestyles, purchasing behavior, and communication.
Mobile-Loco: where brands, entrepreneurs and the tech industry converge.
Twitter, Coca-Cola, PayPal, Banjo, Shelly Palmer, Foursquare, ESPN, Visa, IHG, Yelp, Airbnb, MasterCard, Waze, JiWire, Trademob, IBM, TechCrunch, Blue Kangroo, Mondelēz (Kraft), Qualcomm, ArcSoft, W+K , Flurry and many more....
Note: an RSVP does not guarantee admission to the event, come early to claim your seat; first come, first served... (You need to be a MWC conference ticket holder to attend Mobile-Loco)
9:00 AM The Mobile Location Revolution: How Social, Local & Mobile are Driving the Future of Marketing
The combination of Social + Local + Mobile (or SoLoMo) is widely predicted to change the way
- Ewan MacLeod Founder & Editor Mobile Industry Review
- Mark Dixon, Vice President, Product Management, JiWire
- Renny Gleeson, Global Dir., Interactive Strategy, Wieden+Kennedy
- Justin Overdorff, Head of Mobile Partnerships, Yelp
- Andrew Vilcsak, Mobile Engineering Lead, Airbnb
9:30 AM Keynote: Shelly Palmer: Adapting to Digitally Enhanced Humans
Mobile, Social & Local are quickly changing the world. Shelly Palmer, author of "Digital Wisdom: Thought leadership for a connected world," will explore the evolution of exo-digitally enhanced humans. People have outsourced their memory, way-finding, fact-finding and other calculating abilities to their mobile devices. How will this ultimately impact global workforces, consumerism and commerce? What do you need to do to adapt? How can you profit from this profound change? Shelly Palmer will help you understand the challenges and the opportunities.
10:00 AM It's the Context, Stupid! Right Time, Right Place, Right Service
Building contextual aware technology into your product and making it work ain’t easy. What are the challenges and opportunities for creating a functional, montezible, contextual aware app that exploits the tech’s potential? What’s working today? What’s not? What does the future look like for this super smart tech and when will it’s potential be fully realized?
- Kim-Mai Cutler, Reporter, TechCrunch
- Holger Luedorf, VP/Head of Business Development, Foursquare
- Andreas Lieber, Head of Mobile Partnerships, Groupon
- Peter Marx, VP of Qualcomm Labs, Qualcomm
- Laurence Marks, Chief Revenue Officer, Blue Kangaroo
- Vishy Gopalakrishnan, VP, Global Center of Excellence – Mobility Solutions, SAP
10:30 AM Show Me the Money: Where's the ROI in Mobile Marketing?
As companies begin to spend real money on social, how do they know what they are getting for the investment? Are they using the same metrics to measure success of social campaigns or are there new ad units, new expectations and new type of return from this new market. Learn from people in the market about how they measure success.
- Jonathan Carson, Analyst and former CEO of Nielsen Digital
- Todd Peters, CMO, ArcSoft
- Michael Bayle, SVP & GM Mobile, ESPN
- Ravi Kamran, CEO, Trademob
- Di-Ann Eisnor, VP of Platform and Partnerships, Waze
11:00 AM Privacy is Dead: Do We or Don't We Care about Our Personal Data?
Anyone other than a few cranky government officials and people care about privacy? For all the press about it, millions of people give it away on a daily basis in exchange for a wide range of free services. Is this a real issue or just something that gets lip service? And will persistent sensing apps make people rethink what personal information they are putting out there or will social networks and others selling our info to advertisers finally cross the line? Do we care?
- Marta Costas, IAB
- Duncan McCall, Founder and CEO of PlaceIQ
- Jishnu Menon, Data and Product Counsel at Mozilla
- Vijay Dheap, Global Product Manager, Mobile Security Solutions, IBM
- Fernando Sánchez-Terán, CEO, Qustodian
11:30 AM Fireside Chat: Twitter & Banjo
Real Time Content Discovery – The who, the what, and now the where.
How and what people share varies greatly by social network. But it also varies by location and even the events around those locations. We are learning the new rules of mobile engagement based on real time and real place. Join Twitter and Banjo for an in-depth discussion at how their platforms work together to uncover actionable insights into mobile consumer behavior around the world.
Moderator: Mike Butcher, TechCrunch
- Damien Patton, CEO and Founder, Banjo
- Sean Cook, Lead Mobile Partner Engineer, Twitter
12:00 PM What's in Your Wallet? The Future(S) of Mobile-Loco Commerce
Mobile solutions are empowering consumers, enabling them to learn about products, compare prices, discover merchants, and share their experiences with others. When combined with other capabilities - particularly location and social networks - the mobile wallet will transform customers' experience, enabling retailers and advertisers to offer timely, personalized information, offers, and rewards. This panel examines the convergence of SoLoMo, the Mobile Wallet and M-commerce with perspectives from thought leaders whose companies are on the forefront of the revolution.
Moderator: Di-Ann Eisnor, VP of Platform and Partnerships, Waze
- James Anderson, Group Head, Converged Product Dev., Emerging Payments, MasterCard
- Patrick Gauthier, Head of Product Strategy & Business Operations, Retail Services at PayPal
- Brad Greene, Sr. Business Leader - Mobile Products, Visa
- Mark Henkel, CEO of Paymill
12:30 PM Back to the Future: Reinventing Brand Loyalty
How are brands engaging consumers today, who has the best platform for building an audience, loyalty, communication? Is it Facebook's in-stream ads, likes, Instagram's or Pinterest's visual appeal, Google's Wildfire coupons/sweepstakes or G+?
How are brands deciding what's the best set of tools for their markets and consumers? Traditionally, agencies have played the main role in deciding what's best for a company's brand -- that's changing, brands are experiencing a creative renaissance of sorts, as they now find themselves taking innovation back in-house. Is this a good thing? Can they build better, faster, and more innovative marketing programs than their agencies? How will brands reinvent themselves, leverage technology and grow brand loyalty in a rapidly evolving marketplace?
- Cheryl Cheng, Partner, BlueRun Ventures
- Fabrizio Di Martino, Manager, Mobile Marketing Europe, IHG
- Andrea Wolinetz Managing Director, Platforms, Phd
- Tom Daly, Group Director, Global Connections, Coca-Cola
- Edward Kaczmarek, Director of Innovation and Emerging Technology at Mondelēz (Kraft)
For questions - please contact, Mark. email@example.com
Map: the best way to locate Mobile-Loco is to enter through the north entrace. If you come in through any other entrance please prepare for a fairly long walk to the venue.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.