Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
If you are interested in developing mobile applications for Apple devices, join us for General UI’s - Mobile Application Development in iOS. Our course is taught by rock-star developer and General UI’s Director of Technology, John Bender Ph.D. Our approach and curriculum are proven - you will walk away with a solid knowledge of how to develop for iOS, and with a working mobile app.
Mobile Application Development in iOS: An intro to iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) programming for developers already familiar one or more other languages.
- Understanding Xcode installation and configuration.
- Using Apple’s Interface Builder to layout app navigation.
- Learning Objective-C language and iOS conventions.
- Using Apple's Human Interface Guidelines for app design.
- Coaching through the development of a sample application: Sample app will include gesture recognition, networking, and simple drawing. This intro course, as designed for college students, does not require an iDevice.
- In addition, depending on time constraints, the class may touch on more advanced topics which include video, location, and motion sensing.
10 - 15 hours of course time: Tuesdays at 7pm 1 - 1.5 hours per week for 10 weeks.
When & Where
John Bender Ph.D.
John is the Director of Technology at General UI and has been a software developer for nearly 15 years. John’s professional and leadership experience include positions as a Senior Research Associate at Case Western Reserve University, a Postdoctoral Scholar at the California Institute of Technology, and his research has been featured in both the scientific and popular press. John has university-level teaching experience, most recently teaching a mobile development course at Montana State University during the spring of 2012. John earned a B.S. in Biochemistry from Montana State University and a Ph.D. in Biology from Caltech.