Mobile App Development Boot Camp
Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Friday, June 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
IT Training - Mobile App Development Boot Camp
Learn how to make mobile applications in 2 days
Get the insight into Mobile Application Development with this 2 day it training course. The class is from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM each day. Morning coffee and lunch is included for all days of the class.
The class begins with an introduction to HTML5 Mobile Application Development. Following HTML5 we walk through PhoneGap. This usually concludes the morning session.
Following lunch we start out with jQuery Mobile (sometimes covered before lunch) followed by integration of PhoneGap with jQuery Mobile and Sencha Touch. The next topic covered is event handling; we cover the event handling mechanism. This leads into working with device, network and notifications. A key topic covered on day 1 is the Camera API which concludes the training for day1.
Day 2 begins with fresh coffee at 9:00 AM. With a continuation to Camera API the topics covered next is Audio, Video and Image Capture. Attendees usually have several questions around this topic so extended time is given to these topics. Following this we cover some of the most important APIs that include: Media, Storage and File System API, GeoLocation API, Compass and Acclerometer API. Lunch is served in between one of the topics. Following the APIs we cover how to develop PhoneGap PlugIns and how to generate Android and iOS builds from HTML5 Code. This concludes the 2 day it training course.
This is a 2 day it training course that requires a commitment from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on both days. Morning coffee and Lunch are included for both days. The class size is small so that individualized attention can be paid to all the students. Many opportunities for Q&A are offered to the students. The instructor for this class is an experienced programmer/instructor. We have been successfully teaching this class since 2011.
Here is a summary of the topics covered in this 2 day course:
- Overview of HTML5 Mobile Application Development
- PhoneGap Overview
- Integrating PhoneGap with jQuery Mobile and Sencha Touch
- Event Handling Mechanism
- Working with Device, Network and Notifications
- Camera API
- Audio, Video and Image Capture
- Media, Storage and File System API
- GeoLocation API
- Compass and Acclerometer API
- How to develop PhoneGap PlugIns
- How to generate Android and iOS builds from HTML5 Code
- Learn how to make mobile applications over 2 days.
- As of March 1st, 2012 there are over 300 Million Android Devices Activated
- 850,000 Android devices activated each day
- Over 13 Billion App downloads to date
- I Phone apps downloaded to date 25+ Billion
- 37 Million Iphones sold last quarter (2011)
- The 25th Billion app to be downloaded for iphone was in China
- We are just scratching the surface; Mobile apps are a global market
- HTML5 is one of the most desired skill by employer with 9,000+ job openings on simply hired for HTML5
- Zynga used HTML5 to make Words With Friends, FarmVille Express, Zynga Poker Mobile Web and CityVille Express
Some useful links:
When & Where
Startup Saturdays - IT Training and Entrepreneurship Academy
Startup Saturdays is empowering the global community through offerings that instill and enhance leadership, entrepreneurship and technical skills.
Individuals empowered through Startup Saturdays are able to explore new business and career opportunities that lead to a better quality of life and higher earnings.
Explore new pathways for your success by attending one of our classes.
Some useful links: