MN Startup Culture Roundtable
Friday, February 5, 2010 from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM (CST)
Way back on January 16th, I (@thomasknoll), posted an idea to the smbmsp site to organize an event focused on discussing the Minnesota startup culture. Less than a week later, my good friend Paul DeBettignies posted a rant. Between his post, all the comments, and a couple of podcasts, many of the original intentions of the event I had in mind have been well covered.
However, Paul's post inspired a new purpose for the gathering. Rather than discussing MN startup culture, we will instead use our time together to explore and share the ways we can all help extend and support the healthy development of that culture.
We all bring something to the table. We all have abilities, talents, and passions to share with the community. And whether you contribute 5% or 50%, everything moves the ball forward and adds significant value.
For the purposes of this event, we will assume you have already consumed and contributed to the following conversations on the MN culture. And will come to this event prepared to explore and share your contributions to moving the startup community in MN forward.
- Startup culture roundtable on smbmsp.ning.com
- Minnesota Startup Community: The Time Has Come For Less Talk and More Walk
- Minnov8 Gang 64: “Less Talk, More Walk”
- Dan Grigsby from MobileOrchard, discusses what’s lacking in the Minnesota tech startup community, and why that isn’t a problem.
- Asset-Based Community Development
If you have any questions or suggestions, please be in touch