Join us on Friday, November 15th in San Francisco for a full-day conference on Machine Learning. We’ll have Presentations from Intel, Netflix Twitter, Pandora, , , Yelp, and many more. Follow for updates, discounts and free tickets!
MLconf is a meeting place for both academia and industry to discuss upcoming challenges of large scale machine learning and solution methods. The conference will include presentations on Deep Learning, Recommender Systems, Collaborative Filtering and Matrix Factorization.
MLconf – Friday November 15th, 2013
- 8-9am Breakfast & Registration
- Emmys, Oscars, and Machine Learning Algorithms, Xavier Amatriain, Research/Engineering Director, Netflix
- Avoiding Cluster-Scale Headaches with Better Tools for Data Quality and Feature Engineering, Ted Willke, Principal Engineer/GM Intel Labs
- Recent Developments in Deep Learning, Quoc Le, Software Engineer at Google, PhD Stanford
- 10:45-11:00am Coffee Break
- Large Scale Machine Learning on Graphs, Joey Gonzalez, Co-Founder at GraphLab
- Introduction to Parallel Iterative Machine Learning Algorithms on Hadoop’s Next Generation YARN Framework, Josh Patterson, Patterson Consulting
- Randomized Regression in Parallel and Distributed Environments, Michael Mahoney, Stanford
- 12:20-1:15 Lunch
- Starting Recommendations, Scott Triglia, Search and Data Mining Engineer, Yelp
- Personalization and Recommenders with Content Based Approaches, Jake Mannix, Applied ML Engineer, Twitter
- Big Data Lessons in Music, Eric Bieschke, Chief Scientist and VP of Playlists, Pandora
- Teaching Computers to Listen to Music, Eric Battenberg, Audio DSP Engineer, Gracenote
- Recommendations at American Express, Abhijit Bose, Henry Yuan, Huiming Qu, American Express
- 3:30-3:50 Coffee Break
- Building a Production Machine Learning Infrastructure (Quickly), Josh Wills, Sr. Dir Data Science, Cloudera
- Divide-and-Conquer Matrix Factorization, Ameet Talwalkar, Postdoctoral Fellow at UC Berkeley
- Organizing Big Data with the Crowd, Lukas Biewald, CEO Crowdflower
- Fast End-to-End Machine Learning Workflows with Spark, Matei Zaharia, CTO Databricks
Exclusive Platinum Sponsor:
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.