Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
"What Every Businessperson Should Know about Trademarks"
The MIT Enterprise Forum of the Central Coast and the United States Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Educational Outreach Program are pleased to announce a free event to be held on August 15, 2012.
Wednesday 8/15/2012 5:00PM - 8:00 PM
Cabrillo Pavilion Arts Center, 1118 E Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
About the Program
This basic trademark program is targeted to small business owners and entrepreneurs, and students who hope to be business owners or entrepreneurs. Most attorneys will enjoy the program, too. Our speaker will address:
· difference between trademarks, copyrights and patents
· comparing between trademarks, domain names and business name registrations
· the importance of selecting a strong mark
· how to pick a trademark that won’t get you sued
· how to pick a protectable trademark
· whether to hire a trademark attorney and how to select one
· the trademark registration process
· what to do if you get a "cease- and-desist" letter
· avoiding trademark scams
About the Speaker
Craig Morris has been with the USPTO since 1983, currently as the Managing Attorney for Trademark Outreach in the Office of the Commissioner for Trademarks. For fourteen years prior, he was the Managing Attorney for the Trademark Electronic Application System, focusing on making the Trademark Operation a total e-government environment.
5:30 pm – 6:00 pm check-in and networking
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm presentation by Craig Morris
7:00 pm – 7:30 pm Q&A