Dearborn – On Thursday, March 12, 2015 The U of M Fairlane Center will be the place to be as our nations veterans, employers, human resource professionals, and small business owners gather to help our nations leaders learn how to live their life on purpose after the military and apply key tips on how to properly transition from the field to the workforce.
Activities the Day of the Event
• Dress to Impress Fashion Show
• How to Live Your Life on Purpose Session
• Secrets to the Hidden Job Market HR Panel Discussion
• How to Select the Right Entrepreneurial Program, School, and Career in 2015 Panel Discussion
• Résumé and Cover Letter Evaluations
• Networking Event in the Exhibit Hall
• Veteran Advocacy Awards Ceremony
• Internet Café where people go to take their PurposeGPS™
People that attend the Purpose Discovery Boot Camp™ will receive the following:
• Purpose Packet
• Free résumé and social media profile evaluation
• Free PurposeGPS™ Report
• Free access to veteran a business webinars in 2015
• Free access to online entrepreneurial training for 30 days
• A chance to win a free spot on a future Purpose Cruise
Workshops for Employers, HR Professionals and Small Businesses Owners
• How to Develop a Recruitment Strategy to Hire a Veterans
• Veteran Retention: Making the Connection
• How to Get Your Company Veteran Ready
• Understanding Tax Credits and GI Bill Programs for Veterans
Workshops for Veterans and Family Members
• How to Live Your Life on Purpose!
• Retooling Your Résumé and Cover Letter to Land a Job!
• Common Mistakes Veterans Make in Their Job Search
• Transitioning into the Civilian Workforce
• Could I, Should I Start a Business?
Purpose Career Fair
Attend our A Purposed Transition Career Fairs™ to meet with experienced professionals to learn about different career fields of interest. Network with company representatives at the career fair to learn about job openings and explore your opportunities.
Networking Exhibit Area
• Resources for Veterans and their Family Members
• Internet Café Area to take the PurposeGPS™
• Résumé station to receive free on-the-spot résumé evaluations
• Employers, schools, and organizations that are looking for veterans
“A Purposed Transition is organization designed to assist individuals in discovering their purpose through career and entrepreneurship exploration. Our mission is to help move peoples goals, purposes and dreams from hope to reality”, said Kimberly A. Benjamin, Executive Director of A Purposed Transition.
The event will be held at the Fairlane Center located at 19000 Hubbard Drive in Dearborn, MI. The cost to attend the event is free for Veterans, $55 for employers and $125 for exhibitors. Contact Kimberly A. Benjamin at 1.877.733.3268 or email her today at kbenjamin@APurposedTransition.org to learn how you can be a sponsor, exhibitor or partner.
Visit www.APurposedTransition.org to learn more about our programs.
When & Where
A Purposed Transition
A Purposed Transition is a non-profit organization that helps people to discover their purpose through career and entrepreneurial exploration.