Mission College Speaker Series
Sponsored by Mission College Center for Innovation and Technology and
The Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce
Speaker: Dr. Ken Baylor, International Security Expert
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Time: 6:00 to 7:30 pm
Place: Santa Clara Convention Center – Theatre Room
5001 Great America Pkwy., Santa Clara, CA 95054
Dr. Ken Baylor* - Research VP at NSS Labs, a world class team of security analysts
Previously Vice President of Security and Antifraud at Wells Fargo Bank
Dr. Ken Baylor is widely recognized as a leader in Bank Security, IT Security and Regulatory Compliance. In 2011/2012 his speaking engagements include RSA, Blackhat, Bloomberg and FS-ISAC. Previous Security positions: VP of Antifraud strategy at Wells Fargo and CISO of Nuance, Symantec and Fremont Bank. His specialties include: Bank Security, Antifraud, antimalware, Zeus, botnets, high tech crime, Information Security, Privacy, Risk Management, Network Security.
Dr. Baylor is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and a Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM).
Topic Sound Bite: Who's reading your email and why? Peeking behind the hacker's curtain.
Attend this event and you will learn:
The International Security Landscape – Where are the greatest threats?
- Who are the enemy? What are they looking for?
- What technology and advantages do they have?
- Security Threats to Corporations, Education and Individuals
- What is the U. S. Government doing to protect our security? How effective is it?
- How secure are Cloud Services? What are the risks versus advantages?
- Personal Security: The real threats of Identify Theft; What does and doesn’t work?
*Dr. Ken Baylor’s Academic Degrees: B.Sc & Ph.D Science-University of Cork Ireland MBA University of Texas at Dallas; LLB Law, Wolverton University, England
When & Where
Len Duncan, Executive Director
Mission College Center for Innovation and Technology