Minsk, Belarus: Android 101 Webinar
Saturday, July 24, 2010 from 1:00 AM to 4:00 AM (CDT)
We are set for Saturday July 24th, 9AM morning Minsk, Belarus time, which is 1AM at Chicago.
Please use following website as reference (see numbers in the left margin):
This is going to be an intense 3 hour lecture.
I do teach hands-on workshops in person, but over Internet it is too difficult.
- Java programming knowledge (C# would be OK, too)
- Android environment set up (100)
- understanding of English language
With an assumption that the students never developed for Android, we will create a fully functional application that receives SMS messages, process them and sends custom response using information provided by user with UI components. Time allowing we will show how to list SMS data in the ListView.
- Creating a new project explained (101)
- Creating Menu and multiple screens (106)
- SMS receiving and sending (202)
- User preferences (104)
- UI and styling (203)
- ListView of SMS data (301) - time permitting
I have conducted this type of class several times so I am confident that the students will be satisfied, assuming the Internet connection will be OK.
HOW TO CONNECT?
- Skype (voice) find me: UkiDLucas
- I will email GOTO meeting instructions to each registered participant.
mobile platform think-tank and development team organized by Uki D. Lucas
Group of entrepreneurs and developers specializing in creating Android (as well as tablet, iPhone, Blackberry) applications.