Mind Your Body, Mind Your Stress Workshop: Strategy Development & Yoga to De-Stress
Sunday, March 10, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Program Series: Mind Your Body; Mind Your Stress Workshop: "Developing Mission & Strategy"
- A monthley series of Yoga exercises to boost the DCer and encourage YOur Professional Development. Yoga instruction sponsored and provided by Jordin's Paradise Dance & Fitness. Seminar organized by PITAPOLICY Consulting & Blog.
- Like last time: snacks & networking to follow!
Mission: To support women who want to address stress while improving their professional development: starting a non-profit, envisionaing a campaign, establishing a business. In a nutshell, this workshop is designed for women who want to renew their mind, body, and spirit!
- Schedule: A monthly series of “Mind Your Body” that target work stress by managing it physically, emotionally, and mentally
- 45 minutes of physical activity
- 45 minutes of professional improvement
- Remaining time for structured one on one time with Q & A
Date/Time: Sunday March 10th, at 2pm-4:00 pm
Cost for Workshop: $35
- 2pm-2:10: Introduction & Explanation of Format
- 2:10-2:40: Workshop presentation on Developing Mission & Strategy
- 2:45-3:40: Shift to Physical Management of Stress=Yoga positions that target top 3 stress areas of young professional women
- Questions? Contact: Mehrunisa Qayyum: firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Jordin's Paradise & PITAPOLICY
Jordin's Paradise is a boutique studio where you will rejuvenate your mind, body & spirit! Regular dance and yoga classes are offered six days a week in the heart of DC business and culture.
PITAPOLICY Consulting and Blog is a social enterprise (not a non-profit). PITAPOLICY a hybrid of social outreach platform and a business, here is a quick overview:
PITAPOLICY.com is a political economy blog assessing issues and challenges in the Middle East & North Africa region. It is the social engagement side. Specifically, PITAPOLICY stands for Politics, Interests, Technology, and Analysis because the goal is to "break bread", hence sharing a meal with anyone, which symbolizes the conscious and informal way of engaging in respectful conversation.
In addition, its founder, Mehrunisa Qayyum, is a Huffington Post Blogger regarding business, institutions, and women in the MENA region.
PITAPOLICY Consulting is the business entrepreneur side and operates more as a boutique firm since it focuses on the political economy of the MENA (pita-consuming) region: political & economic risk, technology policy, SME development, and human development index implications.