Milwaukee, WI - CE Academy, Inc Live Event - CANCELLED
Thursday, June 12, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
'Continuing Education & Networking Event'
June 12, 2014
6 AIA HSW Credit Hours towards your state license - Deadline for Credits - July 31st
8:00 AM Registration Begins
Morning pastries, fruit and coffee will be provided
8:30 - 9:30 AM
Surface Innovation - Redefining Boundaries of Interior and Exterior Spaces with Ultracompact Surfacing – ‘Dekton by Cosentino’
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #:COS06E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Jeff Cannata
In this course, we explore a cutting edge surfacing technology, Ultracompact surfacing. Gain insight
into how this surfacing material possesses the same characteristics of natural stone while providing unmatched color and design flexibility.
1. Discuss the evolution of surfaces and the various types of surfacing material for interior and
2. Define Ultracompact surfacing and the innovative production process that creates intrinsically
3. Discuss designing with Ultracompact surfaces in terms color, texture, and format.
4. Discuss the advantages of compact surfaces in terms of strength, durability, chemical
resistance, absorption, abrasion resistance, and ASTM testing.
5. Identify possible interior/exterior application options with Ultracompact surfacing
9:40 - 10:40 AM
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISF07A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec Inc.
Presenter: Harry Lubitz
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention, as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site specifics.
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards
10:50 - 11:50 AM
Roof Gardens, Basic Design Principles
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: 00G106
Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Richard Stever
This one-hour course includes the learning of proper design principles for Roof Gardens.
Subjects include proper membrane selection and application, drainage principles, plant
selection, methods of vegetation and the performance advantages of Roof Garden
implementation. Attendees will also learn various methods of Roof Garden installation
as well as advantages and disadvantages of traditional and modular Roof Garden systems.
1: Understanding the three main types and why one is used over the over.
2: Understanding installation procedure.
3: Understanding common vegetation types.
4: Understanding industry trends and advantage of Roof Gardens.
12:00 PM Lunch will be provided
12:30 - 1:30 PM
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: SDR 113
Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been proven to perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality installations and long term service life.
1:40 - 2:40 PM
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: AFP1
AIA Provider: CureCrete - AIA Provider #: J550
Presenter: Deke Rife
Today we can give an old worn-out concrete floor “NEW” life through the polishing and densification process. This course is designed to give an overview of that process, the marriage of concrete densification of and grinding and polishing concrete with diamonds. “Polished Concrete”.
2:50 - 3:50 PM
Locker Solutions for Every Place and Purpose
1 AIA HSW CE Hour |AIA Course #: ISP10E
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Sponsor: Scranton Products
Presenter: Mike Janssen
Lockers come in many shapes and sizes. In this one hour course, we will discuss uses for lockers,
material choices and accessories. We will learn about ADA compliance and sustainability as it
relates to lockers, and we will take a look at different options that add to the visual appeal,
and options that make for an easier user experience.
1. Compare and contrast different material types for lockers in terms of their makeup, maintenance,
life span, and sustainable benefits to occupants and the environment
2. Identify different applications for HDPE plastic lockers and discuss design options that make them
more user-friendly, ADA compliant, and aesthetically pleasing to end users based on those
3. Identify the health and environmental benefits of specifying HDPE plastic lockers made from 100%
4. Discuss fire code compliance of lockers and explain the importance of recognizing NFPA 286.
4:00 - 4:30 PM
Brewery Tour by the Delafield Brewmaster. This tour will be optional but educational in nature.
'This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes'
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.