Mike Droho and the Compass Rose at Sleepy Creek
Saturday, April 13, 2013 from 8:00 PM to 10:30 PM (CDT)
Mike Droho & the Compass Rose is a neo-pop, folky- funk trio that incorporates beat boxing, electric violin, and guitar to form a rhythmic foundation for uniquely woven vocal harmonies and original songs.
"The unusual band set-up, including violinist Ida Jo and beatboxer Anthony Lamarr, tastefully rounds out Droho’s heartfelt pop into a fluid mix of styles. The musicians fit the songs together without ego, giving each track the feeling of a mini-world unto itself. It keeps the tension taut. It’ll leave you wanting more."
— Katjusa Cisar, The Capital Times
Check out www.mikedroho.com to learn more.
Music at Sleepy Creek is always a treat. The show takes place in our air conditioned tasting room, so weather is never a problem. Patrons are welcome to bring their own snacks; cheese and crackers, summer sausage and other treats are available for purchase. Wine can be purchased by the bottle or glass. Beer, soft drinks, coffee, tea and water are also available.
GROUP SPECIAL Purchase 6 or more seats and receive a reduced rate of $10 per person, plus reserved seating.
Seating is first come/first serve (except group special above) and begins one hour before the performance. Shows are general admission, with capacity at 75 people. Sleepy Creek is a small, intimate venue, so please be courtious by turning off cell phones and keeping conversation low during performance. Don't worry, there is plenty of time between tunes to refill your glass and catchup with your neighbors.
We are grateful for the fine musicians and performers who come out to the middle of nowhere to entertain us. To maximize your enjoyment of the performance and others around you, keep in mind the following:
- Sleepy Creek is a small, intimate venue considered to be a listening room. Our concerts and performances are sort of like going to the symphony, but more fun because you get to drink while listening.
- Because of the acoustics of our venue, your conversations and noise will interfere with the enjoyment of others and the performers.
- Have a good time! But please do not interfere ability of those around you to see, hear and enjoy the concert. Remember to:Shows are general admission, but reservations are recommended. Most shows sell out in advance.
- Keep conversations to a minimum during songs. Feel free to go outside to have conversations or take calls. Intermission is a good time to catch up with friends.
- Turn cell phones off or to vibrate. Taking occasional photos and videos or texting is okay, but too much is distracting.
- Go easy on PDA (public displays of affection). J
- Stay seated for most of the time. If you do need to get up, do so quietly and quickly. Remember, everyone paid to be here and listen and enjoy the show.
- Do not obstruct the view of others. Limit standing and dancing to the back where no one’s view is obstructed when seated.
- Reservations must be paid in full when made and are non-refundable. However, if you cannot make the show, let us know at least 1 hour before the show. We often have a waiting list and will try to resell your ticket for you.
- Seating is first come/first serve. Seating usually begins one hour before the performance.
- For groups of six or more paid in advance with one payment or individuals with special needs, we offer reserved seating. However, if you arrive later than 15 minutes before show time, you may forfeit your reserved seats.
- Please arrive before the start of the performance. Come even earlier if you want to taste wine and/or place drink orders. We cannot provide wine tastings right before the performance or after it begins.
- When you arrive, please check-in at the bar.
- If you must be late, wait outside for a break between songs/performances before entering the building, then go up to the bar to check-in. We will try to help you find a seat.
- If you need to leave before the end of the performance, that’s fine! Wait for a lull between songs/performances and quietly escape.
When & Where
Sleepy Creek Vineyards
Sleepy Creek is a winery, vineyard, art gallery and performance venue located in east central Illinois. Go to www.sleepycreekvineyards.com for more information or call 217-733-0330