Feature Presentation: Migrating AMD.COM from
SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013
The AMD.COM internet sites are visited by 13 million users a month and receive over 54 million page views. In this session we will cover the business case for migrating AMD.COM from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013, discuss the SharePoint 2013 features that did or did not work out for us, and review the deployed architecture for the initial sites migrated.
- Bruce Weatherford – Sr. Member of Technical Staff, IT Chief Technology Office
- Michael Mielke – IT Infrastructure Manager, Global Infrastructure Services
- Gil Canare – Senior Manager, Global Digital Marketing
- Katie Bowman – Web Infrastructure Manager, Corporate Marketing
***SharePoint 101 - Back to Basics***
You've provided the feedback...we've listened! Beginning this month, we will split our normal ASPUG meeting into two groups:
- Those members who would like to listen to the featured presentation topic
- Those members who are relatively new to using SharePoint and would like to learn a few fundamentals which you can immediately put to use
If you've ever felt like the topics presented during ASPUG meetings were "too technical" or "way over your head" or even if you've just felt embarrassed to raise your hand to ask a simple SharePoint question, then this is the group for you! We will begin with a whiteboarding session to capture a general set of topic areas to cover during future SharePoint 101 meetings then continue with a SharePoint Overview session delivered by Justin Ong (Catapult Systems) and Richard Calderon (Microsoft).
Meeting Sponsor (TBD)
- 5:45 PM, Meet, Greet and Eat
- 6:00 PM, Announcements and brief presentation from our sponsor
- 6:20 PM, Split for feature presentation or SP 101
- 6:30 PM, Presentations
- 7:45 PM, Regroup, complete feedback, giveaways
- 8:00 PM, Meeting concludes, head to SharePint (Sam's Boat)
When & Where
Austin SharePoint User Group
The Austin SharePoint User Group (Austin SPUG) is a business professionals network for anyone interested in learning, discussing, and sharing ideas about Microsoft SharePoint technologies.
We meet the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 6-8 PM at the Austin Microsoft office (10900 Stonelake Blvd., Suite 225 Austin, TX 78759)
To join, speak, or sponsor a meeting, please send us an email at: email@example.com.
You can also connect with us on LinkedIn or on Facebook and Twitter (see links below).