Midway Woods (Northbrook)
SITE CAPTAIN: TBD
Join us for an exciting morning along the banks of the Chicago River. Volunteers will work side-by-side to collect garbage and sort for recycling, remove invasive vegetation, spruce up river-edge trails, plant native seedlings and more. If you have any questions about this site and what activities will be happening, you can send an email to the site captain by clicking the ‘Contact the Organizer’ button in the panel on the right side of this page.
NEW THIS YEAR, BECOME A CHICAGO RIVER COMMODORE!
By becoming a Commodore, volunteers commit to raising money through a personalized peer-to-peer fundraising page in support of Chicago River Day, their River Day sites, and Friends of the Chicago River. As a Commodore you are also eligible for extra perks and prizes courtesy of REI. You will also be entered into a raffle to win 2 free tickets to see Jack Johnson live in Chicago on May 31, 2014! Click here for more information and to sign up.
Adults must sign Friends of the Chicago River's electronic waiver to complete the registration process. However, some sites require additional waivers that you must print out and bring with you the day of the event. Minors (under 18) must print out and bring with them all required waivers signed by their parent or guardian to their Chicago River Day location to participate. If you do not have a signed waiver, you will not be able to participate. For this location, please print the following waivers:
Minors (under 18) – Friends' Liability Waiver-Minor
***Minors must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian while participating on Chicago River Day. Children without parents/guardians will NOT be allowed to participate. Students participating through their school will need to turn in signed waivers from parents and be with their teachers to participate.***
- Registration opens for all Chicago River Day sites Friday, March 14, 2014 at 9 a.m.
- If you are registering a group, you will not be able to register through this system. You must contact Austin Kellogg at Friends office at (312) 939-0490, extension 18 to verify that there is enough room at your location to sign up.
- All volunteers will get a special event thank you gift upon arrival at their River Day site
- The minimum age of volunteers for Chicago River day is 8 years old. Sites that are listed as "family friendly" will have other activities for younger children that will not be part of regular activities. If you have any questions about this, ask your site captain.
- Registration closes for all Chicago River Day sites on Friday, May 9, 2014 at 9 a.m.
For any other questions, please visit Friends' FAQ page on Chicago River Day.
When & Where
Friends of the Chicago River
For over three decades, Friends of the Chicago River has helped improve and protect the Chicago River system for people, plants, and animals. Friends is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.