Midtown Lunch Fifth Birthday Party
Saturday, June 11, 2011 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
New York, United States
***** EVERYONE WHO BUYS THEIR TICKET BY FRIDAY, JUNE 10TH BY 6 PM EST IS ENTERED TO WIN A SWEETERY "SWEET STOP" FOR YOU AND UP TO 100 OF YOUR CO-WORKERS****
When Midtown Lunch launched in 2006, consensus was that Midtown was the worst place to eat in all of NYC. Our tagline referred to Midtown as a food wasteland, and even Gawker poked fun- saying that one would expect a blog called Midtown Lunch to be "entirely empty, like those blank-paged books entitled 'German Humor.'" At that time Kati Roll was still on 46th Street, the Biryani Cart only served biryani 2 days a week, and the closest thing Midtown had to a "gourmet" food truck was Jiannetto's Pizza. Now there's actually something decent to eat in the Rock Center concourse, Midtown has a Momofuku, it's own Shake Shack, and we're constantly being told by people who work in other areas of New York that they actually wished they worked in Midtown.
The website (which now sports Downtown, Philadelphia and Los Angeles sections) turns 5 years old in June, and to celebrate we're throwing a party to celebrate how far Midtown has come! Come hang out with all the Midtown Lunch contributors on Saturday June 11th at City Winery (155 Varick Street) from noon to 3pm and eat food from some of the best places in Midtown.
All you can eat, courtesy of:
Ma Peche (Chef Tien Ho will be making a special banh mi just for the occasion!)
- Tri Tip Grill
- Midtown Lunch Sandwich Challenge masters Cer Te
- El Rey del Sabor Cart (2010 Vendy Award Finalist)
- The Biryani Cart (2009 & 2010 People's Choice Vendy Award Winner)
- Kwik Meal (2007 People's Choice Vendy Award Winner)
- Food Gallery 32 (featuring Bian Dang and Boon Sik Zip)
- and the launch of the brand new Eddie'S Pizza Cart
- Wafels & Dinges (2009 Vendy Award Dessert Winner)
- Miss Softee and the Rolling Cones
- Momofuku Milk Bar
Plus all you can drink courtesy of:
Tickets are only $55 in advance ($67.50 if you want a limited-edition Midtown Lunch t-shirt) and all proceeds go to benefit the Street Vendor Project. If available, tickets at the door will be $65. And that's not all... since it's a birthday party there are going to be presents- but they're all for you. Stuff like...
- $100 Gift Certificate to Bon Chon
- $100 Gift Certificate to Mooncake Foods
- Dinner for 2 at Beacon
- $75 worth of beer tickets for BeerParc
- $50 to Schnitzel & Things
- $50 Gift Certificate to Eddie's Pizza Truck
- $50 Gift Certificate to the Bistro Truck
- Ice Cream Party for 4 at the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck
- (4) $25 Gift Certificates to Yushi
- (4) $25 Gift Certificates to The Counter
- (4) $20 Gift Certificates to Glaze Teriyaki
- (2) $20 Gift Certificates to Taim Mobile
- (3) $20 Gift Certificates to Kimchi Taco Truck
- (3) $20 Gift Certificates to Mai Cuisine
- $25 Gift Certificate to Macaron Cafe
- (2) $15 Gift Certificates plus a cookbook to 'wichcraft
Buying a ticket to the party automatically enters you in the raffle, and you don't have to be present to win. So even if you can't make it to the party, you can still buy a ticket, support a great cause, and win awesome prizes! Have more questions? Check out our event FAQ.
Come celebrate 5 crazy years with us, and see what makes Midtown the best place to work for lunch in all of NYC!