San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Wouldn't it be great if you had easy-to-use apps to make Midtown Atlanta an even better place to live, work, and play? Hey, why not build them and win some sweet prizes at the same time?
The Midtown Buzz Mobile Hackathon is your chance to build cool apps and compete to win a free stay at the newly renovated Hyatt Midtown, gift certificates to amazing Midtown restaurants, and other goodies. Three prize categories await you:
- Wayfinder - enhance the visitor experience in Midtown as they live, work and play. What are some cool local sites, shops, tours, and other things that make Midtown unique?
- Loyalty Card - transform a traditional physical discount card program (50k cardholders) into a real-time mobile loyalty app to drive more business to Midtown retail and food/entertainment businesses. How can you help drive greater foot traffic and increase sales? What kind of data insights can you help create? How can you surprise and delight?
- Wildcard - propose your own idea or grab some from the idea bank.
Midtown Alliance, Georgia Tech's Institute for People and Technology, and Hypepotamus are proud to announce the Midtown Buzz Mobile Hackathon, the latest in their collaborative initiative to expand and strengthen Midtown's flourishing Innovation District.
The Midtown Buzz Mobile Hackathon is the launch event of a six-month initiative to build connected mobile applications to improve and enhance the Midtown experience. All the teams participating (and new teams who emerge along the way) will have the chance to continue their work after the launch hackathon to vie for an even bigger prizes to be awarded in January to those who successfully release their apps to the market.
Join us for the September 13-14 Midtown Buzz Mobile Hackathon and help build the future of Midtown one app at a time. We'll be using ChallengePost to manage the hackathon, so join us at http://midtownbuzzhack.challengepost.com/.
Midtown Alliance Innovation Council
Better ATL Project
Random Hacks of Kindness - Atlanta
Schedule of Events
Day 1: Friday, September 13, 2013
- : Opening reception/networking
- : Introductions
- : Team pitches
- :Team formation
- : Teams begin work
Day 2: Saturday, September 14, 2013
- : Breakfast served
- : Teams continue working
- : Lunch served
- : Teams continue working
- : Dinner break
- : Team presentations
- : Judges deliberate
- : Winners announced and closing remarks
When & Where
Hypepotamus is a publication, housed in open collaborative space, where startup stories are living and told. The doors are open for students, developers, creatives and tech entrepreneurs willing to participate in the startup ecosystem. Hypepotamus is non-profit, community supported and located at the historic Biltmore in Midtown, Atlanta.