San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Your Expert Presenters.....
Sheri Gazitt Amy Lang Kim Estes Jo Langford
Teenwise Birds+Bees+Kids Savvy Parents Safe Kids Be Heroes
Middle School is a big leap for both parents and Tweens. Middle School can be a huge source of concern for parents as kids make this transition. Join experts Kim Estes, from Savvy Parents Safe Kids, Jo Langford, from Be Heroes, Amy Lang from Birds+Bees+Kids , Sherri Gazitt from Teenwise and Yvonne-Monique Zick from Parent Tool School, as they help parents understand what is coming up, what they are leaving behind, the biggest challenges and changes to expect from middle school and how to handle it!
Sample Topic points:
- Communication tools fit for Middle Schoolers
- Common parent myths and mis-steps
- Who your kids associate with, their choices and how that will impact YOUR child
- Helping parents avoid the dangerous "Not My Kid" syndrome
- Smartphones (the good the bad the ugly). Family contracting for cellphones.
- Instagram/ Instagratification: What YOUR child is watching on the internet. A primer around the 10 most common websites for Tweens.
- Sex: What Tweens/Teens are up to and what every parents needs to know and why.
- Prevention 101- Drugs and Alcohol and the Developing Brain
- Brain Science and the middle schooler
Sheri Gazitt will present: Under Peer Pressure: Keys to Helping Your Kids Make Good Decisions
Amy Lang will present: Middle Schoolers + Sexuality- What Every Parent Needs to Know
Kim Estes will present: Safety and Your Middle Schooler: Time to Change Your Game Plan.
Jo Langford will present: Social Media: 10 Sites You Need to Know about and Why.
Yvonne-Monique Zick will present: Prevention 101- Drugs and Alcohol and the Developing Brain
Join us so that you can be ready for the Middle School Years!
If you work at Microsoft and are benefits-eligible, you and/or your partner may be able to attend for FREE. Please firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.390.4149 to obtain your promotional code BEFORE registering.
When & Where
Savvy Parents Safe Kids
In todays hectic world, it can seem difficult to know when, where, how and why we should be talking to our kids about safety.
Your child is unique and so are their safety needs. A Savvy Parents Safe Kids workshop will help YOU learn the best practice safety tips that will be effective with YOUR child.
No scare tactics, no graphic conversations.
Your child's safety, made simple.
Tots to tweens, Savvy Parents Safe Kids has the best tips and tools to keep your kids safe in today's world.