Mid-Ohio Rails 3.1 Hackfest
Saturday, July 23, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
The Rails core team has requested some help stabilizing the 3.1 release. According to http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2011/7/14/rails-3-1-hackfest they are looking for people to:
- Upgrade your existing apps to Rails 3.1 and report any existing issue if it doesn't already exist
- Test your favorite plugins/gems with Rails 3.1 and report any existing issue if it doesn't already exist
- Review all the open issues and pull requests
- Check if issues can be reproduced
- If so provide as many details as possible (for example it's important for us to know which Rails version/s are affected. They could be 2-3-stable, 3-0-stable, 3-1-stable or master)
- If it's not possible to reproduce the issue, add a comment on github issue tracker indicating that
- Provide test cases and patches for 3-1-stable blockers only (blockers will be tagged as 'blocker')
- Follow the contributing to Ruby on Rails guide
- Try to provide a failing test case (if you can't figure out the whole solution)
- Try to provide a full patch (tests, code and docs if needed)
- Write documentation (guides, API), you can push modifications directly to docrails
- Write blog posts about your experience using 3.1
Thanks to Littlelines we have a place to get together and hack in person. We'll be meeting around 9am at Littlelines office in BeaverCreek, OH. The address is:
50 Chestnut Street, Suite 234
Beavercreek, Ohio 45440
Also, thanks to Gaslight Software we will be providing lunch. So please register here if you're planning on coming so that we know how many people to expect for food. See you there!
When & Where
Littlelines & Gaslight Software
Littelines is a small yet versatile team of designers, developers, and marketing experts who are dead-set on launching awesome websites for our clients.
Gaslight Software is a group of highly experienced developers who have formed a strong bond of trust through many years of close association. We have formalized our relationships into a single working entity that focuses on delivering consistent results.