Microsoft Project Course Description:
NOTE: You must cancel at least 72 hours before the workshop begins to get a refund!
Overview of MS Project (Course Topics Below)
Effective tracking and management of projects is necessary to achieve your project goals. Microsoft Office Project provides enhanced tools to help you track and control project work, schedules, and finances. You can also integrate Project tools with Microsoft Office applications.
Project provides various features that help your organisation gain better control and visibility across all projects. This leads to an enhanced decision-making process and an improved alignment with business strategies. This, in turn, increases operational efficiency. Project helps you plan work and manage resources effectively. It also enables efficient communication and collaboration. In addition, it helps leverage existing data and provides quick access to information.
Project helps you efficiently plan work ranging from small projects to large-scale operations. You can use Project to plan schedules, allocate resources, manage budgets, and set realistic expectations for your team, management, and customers. You can easily track data and estimates such as percent complete, budget versus actual cost, and earned value by using a set of predefined metrics.
Besides tracking data, Project enables you to track project performance during the entire duration of the project. It also enables you to save project snapshots in baselines and track project progress. For a quick understanding of the project management process, Project provides an interactive Microsoft Project Guide with step-by-step help. In addition, it provides intuitive toolbars and menus that help you learn project management fundamentals.
You can use Project to mange your resources, so that the organisation can achieve its long-term goals. An inaccurate estimation of long-term workloads and capacity can result in unplanned recruitment and quick lay-off cycles, knowledge loss, higher overhead, and low employee morale. Project provides visibility in work transactions, timesheets, and resource capabilities. You can build resource plans to co-ordinate the recruiting and outsourcing strategies with long-term business objectives.
Project enables quick leveraging of data across different platforms. With its built-in integration with Microsoft Office, Project allows users to work with the Microsoft Office Enterprise Project Management (EPM) Solution when working with Office Outlook or Office SharePoint. In addition, Project is integrated with other Office applications. This helps convert the existing task lists in Office Excel and Office Outlook into ready-to-use project plans with minimum efforts. Project also enables you to add resources to projects from Microsoft Active Directory or from a Microsoft Exchange Server address book.
- Customize Microsoft Project settings.
- Review the tools on the tabs.
- Set up an initial project.
- Define tasks, assign resources to tasks and manage conflicts over allocated assignments.
- Allocate work to the entire team collectively instead of assigning work to individual resources.
- Accept your individual assignments as a team member and indicate the time actually taken against the allocated time for the assignment.
- Format project data and present it in the form of reports, charts, PDF documents, and one-page printable schedules.
- Create reports using ready-to-use report templates present in Project or build your own templates and share them with other users.
- Consolidate data easily and save time because by grouping data by any predefined or custom fields, ensureing quick information retrieval when required.
- Track changes in various versions of a project easily. This helps track the scope and schedule changes.
- Customise Project according to the specifications of your project.
- Select custom display fields and modify toolbars, formulas, graphical indicators, and reports.
- Export data from Project to Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office Excel, and Microsoft Office PowerPoint by using the Copy Picture to Office Wizard.
- Other topics as time allows.
When & Where
Training Tamer Inc.
Training Tamer provides training, coaching and support services for job seekers to help them win a job fast, including LinkedIn training.. We also provide hands-on training for Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project as well as Internet Browsers, and Email.