San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Michigan Junior Chamber’s Outstanding Young Michigander (OYM) and Distinguished Service Award Program was started in 1955 to recognize outstanding community leaders age 21 to 40 years old from around the state of Michigan.
The program honors up to five (5) Outstanding Young Michiganders (OYM) and up to five (5) Distinguished Service Awards (DSA) annually, who exemplify the best attributes of the state’s young people. Honorees selected in past years have represented the heights of progress in all human endeavors. Many have gone on to even greater achievements. All have continued to serve humanity in a great variety of ways.
Outstanding Young Michiganders and Distinguished Service Award recipients will be honored at an evening Ceremony held on Saturday, November 9, 2013. The ceremony will highlight each winner’s career in narrative form and provide a stage from which the honorees can challenge and inspire young people from around Michigan. For each honoree, there will be a video presentation profiling his/her accomplishments, followed by the trophy presentation, and an acceptance speech.
- Applications for OYM/DSA Nominations can be found at: http://www.michiganjaycees.org/our-programs-and-events/honors-and-recognition-program
- Submission for OYM Applicants can be uploaded at: http://www.michiganjaycees.org/oym
- Submissions for Applications are due no later than September 30, 2013.
- 6pm – Arrival & Cocktail hour
- 7pm – Dinner is Served
- 8pm – Presentation of Awards to Honorees
Buffet Dinner will include:
- House Salad of Iceberg and Romaine Lettuce with Asiago Cheese, Crouton, Tomato, Black Olive, Pepperoncini and Lemon Fennel Vinaigrette
- Warm Asiago Dinner Rolls with Whipped Dill Butter
- Chicken Piccata Pounded and Sautéed with Wilted Spinach, Capers, Fresh Herbs and White Wine Butter Sauce over Whipped Potatoes
- Grilled Flat Iron Steak Marinated and served with Peppercorn Demi-Glaze and Roasted Redskin Potatoes
- Wild Mushroom Risotto with Roasted Peppers, Sweet Peas and Caprese Salsa
- Assorted Chef’s Selection Dessert Platters
- Traditional Non-‐Alcoholic Beverages
Recommended Lodging Accommodations:
- Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, 111 N. Grand Avenue, Lansing, MI 48933
- Is located next door for those individuals that might be interested in staying the night,
- Please call: 800.333.3333 or 517.482.0188 to make your own reservation.
If you have any questions about any of the above information, please contact Jessie Boyd, OYM Chairperson, at JBoyd@MIJaycees.org or 517.303.3224.