San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Don't Miss the Dallas skyline view from the Petroleum Club!
Mentors and Sponsors—they’re two terms that have become buzzwords about talent development in corporate America. But what exactly is the difference between them? More importantly, how do you know which one you need—and can you have more than one?
The New York Times cited that sponsors are seen as crucial for women’s career advancement. The article further explained the difference between mentors and sponsors, noting that women need to “acquire a sponsor- a powerfully positioned champion, [where as] mentorship is a relatively loose relationship.” Our stellar panelist will discuss their experience and provide the essentials for leadership development from a female and male perspective.
Our next Stand Up Professional Development Boot Camp Series will serve as a primer, giving attendees an easy-to-understand definition of mentoring and sponsorship and how to pave your path to success! Attendees will discover:
- The difference between someone who talks with you or to you and talks about you
- Why the cross-cultural component of both is critical to promotion rates and valuable to senior executives serving as mentors
- Why networking is important and how to make it fit into the overall talent-development model
- Why having more than one mentor and sponsor makes you career-savvy
Register today and join us for this stimulating topic. We welcome professionals, entrepreneurs, students and anyone ready to take their path to the next level!
Featuring Moderator & Panelists:
Eddie Reyes, Moderator- Producer & Host of Diversity in Action |Diversity In Action
Theresa Flores, Gov't & Public Affairs Professional| Mary Kay Corporation
Leonel DeLeon, Global Executive Sourcing, Corporate, & Investment Banks Professional| JP Morgan
Vic Richey, SVP Information Systems | Baylor Scott and White Health
Beth Ann Kaminkow, President & CEO | TracyLocke
6 – 6:30 PM – Registration & Networking/wine tasting/hors d’oeuvre
6:30-8 PM – Introduction, Panel with Q&A
1. Where can I park my car to the event?
Guest parking is available underground JPMorgan Chase Tower. Guests may enter the underground parking on Ross Avenue. Parking tickets will be validated.
2. How should I dress to the event?
Business casual attire is required. For more information, please click here.
3. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
4. Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
No, it’s not transferrable.
5. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, we have a record of your registration. You will quickly check in upon your arrival.
6. What is the refund policy?
We will not refund your ticket after April 27th
When & Where