"Continuing Education & Networking Event"
February 13, 2014
5 AIA HSW Hours
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
08:00 AM Registration
Morning pastries and coffee provided
08:30 – 09:30 AM
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISF07A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec Inc.
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops
of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention,
as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site specifics.
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards
09:40 - 10:40 AM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: ICS06C (Course Updated – April 2013)
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Phil Devore
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor
air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain
the importance of “going beyond green.”
1. Define the difference between “green” buildings and “green” products
2. Describe the benefits of recycling
3. List different materials used as recycled content
4. Describe recycled content surfacing materials and their manufacturing process
5. Explain the environmental advantages of resin based recycled content surfacing
6. Explain how recycled products can contribute to obtaining points under the LEED rating system
7. Describe what Cradle-to-Cradle and GREENGUARD certifications are and why they are important
8. Explain the importance of specifying and using recycled content surfacing products as related to
indoor environmental issues
10:50 - 11:50 AM
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: AFP1
AIA Provider: Advanced Floor Products (RetroPlate) Provider number J550
Presenter: Deke Rife
Today we can give an old worn-out concrete floor “NEW” life through the polishing
and densification process. This course is designed to give an overview of that process,
the marriage of concrete densification of and grinding and polishing concrete with diamonds.
12:00 PM Lunch – Provided
12:30 – 01:30 PM
Updated Course - Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems - July 2013
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Metals USA
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation
will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
01:40 – 02:40 PM
This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.