Membership - BC Lupus Society - together we can conquer lupus
1. Join the fight against lupus.
2. Learn about lupus.
3. Receive quarterly issues of the Lupus Lighthouse.
4. Support research.
5. Learn coping skills.
6. Help the Lupus Society help others.
7. Make new friends with a common bond.
8. Gain emotional support.
9. Receive new research information.
10. Show that you care about this cause.
- Hosting the annual Symposium for the lupus community including health care professionals and our members.
- Publication of the quarterly newsletter “The Lupus Lighthouse”.
- Distribution of information packages, books and videos.
- Maintaining a current library of pamphlets, books, videos and articles.
- Networking with international lupus organizations for the purpose of sharing updated and significant information.
- Sustaining a website database with information from world renowned lupus experts including transcripts from our annual Lupus Symposium.
- Providing resource information and peer support, on-going communication and information sharing.
- By partnering with Vancouver Lupus Clinic, initial treatment recommendations are available for newly diagnosed.
For those who have lupus that is difficult to manage, consultative services are also available.
- Responding to requests for information by members and health care professionals.
- Assisting with the development of educational materials, as needed for Outreach programs.
- Liaising with physicians, specialists and other health care professionals to develop an information network.
- Sustaining a network of provincial contacts and support groups across the province.
- Facilitating the World Lupus Day in May and October Lupus Awareness Month Campaigns that are highlighted by a
'do it for Lupus' events and the Lupus Health and Wellness Symposium.
- Developing links with the medical community in general, to work towards reducing the time to diagnose.
- Providing funding support for research initiatives locally and nationally, including research scholarships, clinical support, and research projects.
Save This Event
BC LUPUS SOCIETY
#210 - 888 W. 8th Ave
Vancouver, BC V5Z 3Y1
Toll Free: 1.866.58LUPUS
Charitable Registered No.
88758 6469 RR0001