Come and celebrate Kiva’s 6th birthday at the Order of Melbourne on Tuesday 18 October from 5pm!
Kiva empowers entrepreneurs in the developing world using small loans made by people like you.
Events are happening all around the world to celebrate six years of lending with over $240 million USD raised to alleviate poverty.
Whether you’re already a Kiva lender or are new to the world of microfinance, bring a friend or three and come celebrate with us.
On the night you can:
- Hear from a former Kiva Fellow - someone who has been out to meet the borrowers - to learn more about how Kiva loans are changing lives
- Talk to current Kiva lenders to learn about their experiences
Not a lender yet? Come along and:
- Learn more about how Kiva works
- Be guided through the Kiva website
- Sign up and make your first loan!
Entry is free. Food and drinks are available if you'd like to buy them.
See you there!
Can't wait? Get started, go to www.kiva.org.
Other cities celebrations:
Los Angeles: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=242243519155602