Brought to your by Birth Network of Santa Cruz County
Meet the Doulas
Sunday, April 21, 2013
Location: Luma Yoga & Family Center
1010 Center Street
Santa Cruz, 95060
Metered street parking and two city lots within a block.
Pregnant? Considering a Doula on your birth team? Wondering what a postpartum doula does?
Meet the Doulas is a great opportunity to learn about birth and postpartum doulas. Join us at this free event for an informative afternoon. This event is open to everyone- no matter where they plan to birth - home or hospital, in Santa Cruz, Watsonville, Monterey, or San Jose area.
* 4:00-5:00pm Panel presentation about Birth Doulas and Postpartum Doulas
* 5:00-6:00pm Interactive demos with doulas showing their "tricks-of-the-trade"
Registering above for free tickets is requested, but not required.
(Email RSVP to MTD@ birthnet.org is okay too)
Studies show having a Doula at your birth:
- results in a shorter, smoother labor
- creates a more positive birth experience
- reduces need for medical interventions such as pain medications and epidurals
- reduces requests for pain medications
- reduces postpartum depression
- results in greater success in breastfeeding
Benefits of a postpartum doula:
- Eases transition to motherhood
- Increases confidence in breastfeeding
- Increases successful breastfeeding
- Reduces postpartum depression
- Increases parenting skills
- Mothering the mother nurtures the family
(Participating doulas must register at MTD@birthnet.org.)