"Meet and Move" Orientation
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
"Meet and Move" - A walking buddy program just for caregivers. Take a stroll with someone who has walked in your shoes.
You're invited to join Meet and Move, an exiting 12-week "walk and talk" program designed for family caregivers* in Mountain View, Los Altos, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto and surrounding communities! We know how challenging it can be to care for an older relative or ailing friend. The idea is to offer you an opportunity to improve your fitness level while connecting with others who understand your situation.
- Join for free and schedule walks at your convenience
- Meet walking buddies who can relate to the challenges and rewards of caregiving
- Set realistic fitness goals and monitor your progress
- Improve your health and wellness, increase your energy and feel better physically and emotionally
- Receive $25 gift cards (up to $100) to spend as you please
Gentle strolls and speed walks accommodated. Schedule your own time and place.
Join us at either our February 23rd or February 25th orientation sessions to learn about the program and register on-site. For more information or to register, contact the PAMF Innovation Center at 650-934-3556. Or go online to www.elcaminohospital.org/meetandmove
* Some people don't think of themselves as caregivers because caring for a loved one seems like second nature or a family duty. However, you are a family caregiver if you provide unpaid care to an ill, frail, or disabled family member or friend by: assisting wtih areas of personal care that he/she can no longer manage, providing transportation and assistance, helping with family activities and maintaining the household, participating in medical/nursing care at home, providing emotional support and companionship, organizing home care, and/or governing finances.
When & Where
El Camino Hospital and Palo Alto Medical Foundation
El Camino Hospital and Palo Alto Medical Foundation are combining efforts to offer key programs and services to benefit our community. Meet and Move is a pilot "walk and talk" program designed for adult caregivers, offering the opportunity to increase physical activity and provide social support.