Foursquare Disaster Relief (FDR), in partnership with your district, is bringing an important training to your area. This 16 hour disaster and crisis relief training is open to all. The training will teach you how to be a first responder in disaster and crisis situations (locally, regionally, and nationally). The cost for this training is typically $200.00, but Foursquare Disaster Relief is offering this training at a discounted price of $75.00 for early bird and $90.00 for regular registration.
Through this 16 hour course you will learn how to:
- Help the victims of disasters – physically, mentally and spiritually
- Prepare yourself to be of use in a disaster, locally as well as nationally
- Implement essentials in spiritual and physical self-care
- Be culturally sensitive to all walks of life
- Organize local connections such as Red Cross, Salvation Army, Citizens Emergency Response Team (CERT) and other groups that wish to help in times of disaster
You will also learn what additional training you can take to become better equipped for crisis relief and remain compliant with FDR continuing education requirements. Such as:
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses
- (4 free online courses)
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) classes
- (Instructor based certified courses that can be brought to you.)
This training is open to all, however only Foursquare licensed ministers and Foursquare church members/attendees who complete the training will be added to the Foursquare responder roster and able to deploy with Foursquare Disaster Relief. As a Foursquare responder you will be qualified with FEMA compliance to be let onto the disaster field and be a present help on the front lines. Annual recertification steps will be outlined at the conclusion of each year for those who would like to remain compliant as a FDR responder.
This Disaster Relief Training will be offered locally at Cornerstone Chapel on September 30-October 1, 2016. Registration is at 8:00am on Day 1 (September 30). The first day of class will start at 8:30am and conclude at 5:00pm.The second day, class will start at 8:00am and conclude at 5:00pm. Once the online registration process is complete, web links to the materials will be provided in a confirmation webpage as well as an email.
PLEASE NOTE that you will need to bring a digital or paper copy of the material to the training -- a paper copy will not be provided upon your arrival at the training.
We are excited for you to attend this training and look forward to you being a part of our Disaster Relief team!