MECDA’s Cairo Caravan 2012 Get-a-way Scholarship for Student Dancers/Musicians:
Rules & Requirements:
• Must be 18+ to apply.
• Must be a MECDA Member to apply.
• Must submit the official MECDA Cairo Caravan 2012 Scholarship Application, along with letter(s) of recommendation from your current/past Middle Eastern dance instructors, copies of any certificates/awards mentioned in your application, an essay on the subject "Explain how you discovered your passion for bellydance or music (for musicians) and in what ways do you share your passion to others," a dance or musician related resume, and a link to your best performance.
• Letters of recommendation should be submitted online by the person making the recommendation - using the official recommendation letter submission link.
• Applicants may not be professional performers (this includes instructors, as well as performers whom are paid for performances - tips from showcases are okay).
• Scholarship winners will be selected by the Central Board of MECDA based on submitted materials.
• Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2012. Recipient will be announced on May 10, 2012.
• The applicant will be required to perform on stage during the festival.
• Applicants must complete 1 volunteer shifts during the course of the weekend (3 hours; can be completed Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) to be assigned by event promoter.
• Persons who are not current MECDA Members will not be considered. Questions about your membership? Email email@example.com.
• Full weekend pass to MECDA's Cairo Caravan 2012.
• Complimentary ticket to the Gala Show.
• Admission to three (3) workshops of your choice for the weekend.
• The winner will be announced at the festival as well as on the MECDA website, and in the MECDA Happenings.
• A certificate will be presented to the Scholarship winner.