MECDA's Cairo Caravan 2012 Full Cruise Scholarship
Rules & Requirements:
• Must be 18+ to apply.
• Must be a MECDA Member to apply.
• Must submit the official MECDA Cairo Caravan 2011 Scholarship Application, along with letter(s) of recommendation from your current/past Middle Eastern dance or music (for musicians) instructors, copies of any certificates/awards mentioned in your application, an essay on the subject "How will attending Cairo Caravan enhance your personal dance journey or journey as a musician? And in what ways will you bring your experience at Cairo Caravan back to the community,” a dance related resume, and provide a link to your best performance.
• Letters of recommendation should be submitted online by the person making the recommendation - using the official recommendation letter submission link.
• Applicants may not be professional performers (this includes instructors, as well as performers whom are paid for performances - tips from showcases are okay).
• Scholarship winners will be selected by the Central Board of MECDA based on submitted materials.
• Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2012. Recipient will be announced on May 10, 2012.
• The applicant will be required to perform on stage during the festival.
• Applicants must complete 2 volunteer shifts during the course of the weekend (3 hours each; can be completed Friday, Saturday, or Sunday).
• Persons who are not current MECDA Members will not be considered. Questions about your membership? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Full weekend pass to MECDA's Cairo Caravan 2012.
• Complimentary ticket to Friday night concert.
• Complimentary ticket to the Gala Show.
• Full access to the workshops of your choice for the weekend.
• A stateroom aboard the Queen Mary for Friday and Saturday nights, June 1st and 2nd, 2012.
• The winner will be announced at the festival as well as on the MECDA website, and in the MECDA Happenings.
• A certificate will be presented to the Scholarship winner.
• A complimentary professional photo shoot to be conducted on-site during the event. The date/time will be scheduled prior to the event.
• Free Video of your performance at the festival.