Sustainable Business Alliance / Oakland Grown
One PacificCoast Bank and East Bay Express
Monthly, we meet, eat and learn together to help build each other's businesses and strengthen our economic eco-system - from artisans, producers, and manufacturers to wholesalers, retailers, restaurateurs, professionals, and service providers.
Tuesday, October 29
5:30 - 8:00 pm
Guest speaker: Dara O'Rourke, founder of Good Guide a website and mobile app that make it easy to shop for green, safe and socially responsible products, in conversation with Andy Fyfe, of B Lab
Host and Location: Mo Ohady, founder of Digicom Electronics, Oakland's local alternative to environmentally-costly offshore electronics manufacturing.
Come tour Digicom's resource-saving processes!
Food & Drink: Blue Heron Catering
Member advice stand: The Found: Coaching and Consulting for Financial Independence and Fulfilling Work -"Come to the Lucy Advice Stand this month to discover the best thing to do for your business when you wake up tomorrow"
FREE for current dues-paying SBA / Oakland Grown members,
$15 for partners with discount code
$20 general public
More Details About this Monthly Series
Local, Social & Sustainable Business Mixer Series
by Sustainable Business Alliance /Oakland Grown
with One PacificCoast Bank and East Bay Express
5:30 - 8:00pm
Various member locations
Hear from the East Bay's most successful and socially-responsible business leaders and entrepreneurs. How did they grow to where they are now? What are the principles they've followed to be successful? Where are they headed now?
Each month will include 5 main elements to help our members learn, connect and enjoy the evening:
1) A short presentation / Q&A with a successful local business or artisan that gives back to the community and/or environment.
2) A behind-the-scenes tour of a different member location each month
3) Free advice from a fellow member- Get a bit of free advice from a fellow member in their area of expertise: social media, accounting, organizing, and more, as they host that month's "Lucy" advice stand.
4) Connections- Lots of time (and some helpful tips) for networking. Connect with fellow members and other like-minded business owners and artisans to grow your business. Help build a strong local economic eco-system from manufacturing to wholesale to retail.
5) Excellent local food and drink, of course!