Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
MCSA Subcommittee Meeting "On Video & Cloud Solutions” - Sponsored by TASER International
Hear real-life case studies and best practices delivered by those leading the charge for digital evidence collection and application. Learn how these leaders are:
- Managing digital evidence collection, storage and maintenance
- Future-proofing IT initiatives for digital evidence through adoption of outsourced, cloud-based solutions
- Creating a “bond of trust” between law enforcement and the community with transparency of digital information.
Sheriff of Niagara County Sheriff's Office
(Ret) Chief of Police, San Jose Police Department
CEO, Director and Cofounder, TASER International
Chief of Greensboro Police Department
Who Should Attend
Sheriffs and Chiefs of Police
- Streamline law enforcement operations while increasing officer safety and effectiveness
- Realize how cloud-adoption savings can be used to increase hires, or be reinvested in agency missions
- Access digital evidence quickly (real-time or archived), and mine intelligence on agency and officer performance from digital evidence analysis
- Learn more on the future of digital evidence collection, management and maintenance
- Evaluate cloud technology – what you need and why
- Simplify your digital evidence costs into a known monthly expense. Become a service-based organization (SLA) vs. a technical cost center (# of servers)
- Learn how investments in cloud-based digital evidence management can save tax dollars and reduce budgetary expenditures
- Promote your city as a leader in technology adoption and investments that serve the greater good.
Digital Evidence Overview
Digital evidence. It builds trust between law enforcement and the community by demonstrating transparency. It aids prosecutors, imparts confidence in jurors, and highlights the professionalism of police officers and their agencies. And technological advancements like on-officer digital video evidence make police officers safer significantly reduce complaints against enforcement.
But digital evidence also comes with complexity and cost.
As digital evidence grows at exponential rates, it is critical for agencies to be prepared for increases in staffing, expertise, and technology costs. Agencies must also have up-to-date procedures for chain of custody, storage, security, archival, and access.
How can agencies focus on their core competency –to serve and protect their community- if they are dealing with the challenges and expense of digital evidence management and maintenance?
The future of digital evidence needs collaboration between key stakeholders. The Major County Sheriffs Association brings together technologists, agencies, and community leaders under one roof to share what works and what doesn’t.
8:45-9:00am Ret. Chief Rob Davis, San Jose, CA
How Not to Waste Millions of Dollars On A Useless IT System
9:00-9:30am Chief Ken Miller, Greensboro Police Department
Getting it Right the First Time: Video Technology Implamentation
9:30-10:00am Rick Smith, CEO & Founder TASER International
The Future of Public Safety Technology
10:15-10:45am Sheriff Voutour, Niagara County Sheriff's Office
The Value (No Cost) of On-Officer Cameras
10:45-12:00pm Panel Discussion, Hosted by Rob Davis
To view the event flyer please CLICK HERE!
Rooms have been secured for the conference. Click Here to make your hotel reservations.
When & Where
Our Mission: Protect Life. Protect Truth, through Technologies that Make Communities Safer
Our industry leading Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs) are used worldwide by law enforcement, military, correctional, professional security, and personal protection markets. TASER CEWs use proprietary technology to incapacitate dangerous, combative, or high-risk subjects who pose a risk to law enforcement/correctional officers, innocent citizens, or themselves in a manner that is generally recognized as a safer alternative to other uses of force. TASER technology protects life, and the use of TASER devices dramatically reduces injury rates for law enforcement officers and suspects.
TASER International is Worldwide
As of June 31, 2012, TASER International has sold approximately 760,000 TASER® brand Conducted Electrical Weapons (CEWs) worldwide to more than 17,000 law enforcement and military agencies. More than 8,000 agencies deploy TASER CEWs specifically to all members of their patrol officers. TASER devices are sold in more than 107 countries.
TASER: Protect Life. Protect Truth
TASER International’s 100,000 sq-ft corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility is located in Scottsdale, Arizona.