May 16, 2013 "A NEW TAX CODE FOR A NEW GENERATION"
Thursday, May 16, 2013 from 7:15 AM to 10:00 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
If you've been looking for some clarity about what to tell your clients amid all the talk of tax increases, spending cuts, sequestration, and the debt ceiling, you don't want to miss this program. In the first hour our expert panel looks at the most significant parts of the tax law and how they changed the environment forever. In the second hour, panelists focus on specific issues within the tax law, such as: valuation discounting; life insurance and IRS Section 101(j) compliance; Crummey Notices; decanting trust agreements; charitable trusts; an expected Supreme Court ruling on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act as it relates to tax filings; Social Security Survivor pyaments, and other federal benefits. Get the information you need to work in the new fiscal environment and to advise clients on how to keep their financial goals on track.
After completing this program attendees will be able to understand:
* How the new tax law changes planning for 2013
* How to make new tax strategies part of a comprehensive financial plan
* Portability - planning with or without it: which is better for your client?
* Decanting - like a fine wine, a finely crafted trust sometimes needs to be decanted of "trust sediment"
* Why planning is more important than ever under the current fiscal uncertainty