Maximize SharePoint 2013 for Project Management Success
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This event is for those who want to learn about Project Management using SharePoint 2013.
Note: Seats are limited in this class and it usually sells out fast. Please register soon if you plan to attend.
In today’s project-centric work environment, the ability to coordinate various projects with distributed teams, and making high-level strategic decisions based upon consolidated project progress, risk and resource usage information is critical. Many organizations today waste time and money relying on e-mail, spreadsheets and other manual processes when engaged in time sensitive, highly collaborative project activities.
This is a jam-packed class with Lots of real world information and demonstrations taught by SharePoint MVP and Author Dux Raymond Sy, PMP - a sought after speaker and managing partner at Innovative-e. Dux brings with him over 15 years of project management experience and is a leading expert in leveraging SharePoint to enhance Project Management. Dux will be teaching this class himself to teach you how you can deliver project management success by maximizing SharePoint 2013 with relevant tools such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Yammer, mobile devices and even non-Microsoft technologies. Dux will make sure you walk out of the class as a Project Management superstar!
I. You never walk out empty handed from our classes. We provide you with deliverables / files you can use right away in your environment. Deliverables of this class include the following files:
- Complete Slide Deck
- SharePoint 2013 Project Site Template
- Project Management checklists and templates
II. You will receive 4 PDUs for attending this class
III. You will also receive a copy of Dux's book on SharePoint Project Management (Retail price: $44.99)!
All included in the price of the class!
Maximize the benefits of leveraging SharePoint 2013 as a project management information system (PMIS)
- Set up a project site in minutes to track relevant project artifacts, meeting notes and bring together all your team's email and documents in one place.
- Connect with people across your organization and easily discover interests, past projects and documents they've worked on.
- Customize and narrow your search to deliver more relevant results, and get recommendations on people and documents to follow.
Integrate common project management tools
- Better communicate with Outlook integrated SharePoint 2013 site mailbox
- Manage projects on the go with mobile devices
- Publish project content to SharePoint from any Office application and share with people inside and outside your organization in a few simple clicks.
Facilitate better project team collaboration
- Take advantage of Yammer to effectively gather feedback and communicate with your project team
- Share documents, update your activity feed and keep in touch with your colleagues from your mobile phone or tablet.
- Work better together with non-Microsoft technologies such as Macs, Firefox browser and Android devices
Improve project artifact management
- Work in real-time with improved SharePoint 2013 co-authoring capabilities
- Sync your content in SharePoint to your desktop with SkyDrive Pro, so docs are just a mouse click away, even if you're offline.
Enhance project transparency to key stakeholders
- Turn raw data into gorgeous interactive reports with Excel 2013 and publish to SharePoint to share insights with the people you work with.
- Share ideas, discover answers and keep track of what your colleagues are working with new social features throughout SharePoint.
Effectively track and control schedule, budget and change
- Organize all your projects and task updates to get visibility into upcoming deliverables across SharePoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project.
- Visualize and automate project processes with workflows and Microsoft Visio
VisualSP (established in 2004) is focused on empowering information workers, technical decision makers, administrators and developers in corporate environments with the SharePoint knowledge they need to be successful. Our goal has been to promote sustainable SharePoint adoption through education and support.