Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Explore mathematical issues and ideas relevant to secondary school teaching and learning in the technologically-sophisticated 21st century. Each participant chooses two "courses" that meet for a total of 9 hours each.
- Institute Dates: 15 - 19 July 2013 (Monday through Friday)
- Times: 8:00 am -- 3:30 pm Monday through Thursday; 8:00 am -- 12:00 noon on Friday
- Courses for 2 hours each day Monday through Thursday, and for 1 hour on Friday
- Non-course sessions are offered in 45-minute format from Monday through Thursday
- Housing and meals are provided by Tulane University
- Wi-Fi connectivity provided by Tulane University
- Sessions are punctuated with breaks and refreshments; social outings, evening programs, and sightseeing events are also planned for the institute
When & Where
This course is led by Andy Talmadge teaches geometry at Metairie Park Country Day school to all students utilizing technology to enhance student understanding. He served as director of more than a dozen teacher development programs both for the state of Louisiana and the Department of Agriculture. He is interested in posing problems in geometric frameworks and finding ways to help others do the same! I'm not the graduate, that is my son Nicholas!