Everything you always wanted to know about starting and running a website, but didn't know who to ask! From understanding the basic, developing and administering your website to promoting it, this course teaches you practical techniques for business-oriented websites.
Learning Method: Instructor Led Training
Part 1: December 10, 2009 - from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Part 2: December 11, 2009 - from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Students max per class: 5
Who should attend the course?
- Complete beginners to Web design.
- Anyone considering a career in web development.
- Anyone building, maintaining and upgrading a company's internet/intranet pages.
- Web Professionals looking to save time by learning from Joomla! Experts.
- Business owners considering set up a web portal for a business purpose.
Level 1 - Course overview:
- The Big Picture
- The new Web creation for the non-technical: No HTML!
- Domain names, Website hosting, Name Servers: Get the basics (+Workshop)
- Easily install and use a Content Management System: Joomla! (+Workshop)
- Your First Joomla website: (+Workshop)
- Your website is dynamic and you control it: Menus, Pages, Content structure
- Modern Extensions for your website: Social networking, Blogs, e-Commerce, etc.
- Administer your website in 60 minutes, securely from anywhere (+Workshop)
- Your web server revealed: Secure files transfer (+Workshop)
- MySQL: The databases for your website (+Workshop)
- Global configuration and personalization of your website.
At Course Completion (after Level 1 and Level 2 classes)
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the new website creation methodologies using Joomla CMS
- Register a domain name, select and manage your own website hosting
- Create a complete website (install the content management system Joomla)
- Understand the website layout customization and customize your website
- Administer your website (update menus, add any content)
- Upgrade and add functionalities to your website (e-commerce, blogs, social networking, etc…)
- Backup and restore your website
Class Summary and Other Information
- Personalized and Hands-on training (individual workstation provided)
- Ongoing Workshops (test your skills)
- Free Domain Name, of your choice (registered for 12 months) **
- Free Web Hosting (for 12 months) for Continuous learning **
- Lunch, Snacks and Coffee provided
- Day, Evenings and Week-end Classes available
- FREE Parking in most locations (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio)
** The FREE domain name along with the website hosting for 12 months, are provided to allow our students to practice and sharpen their skills or use their site for any purpose. The student takes ownership of the domain upon completion of the program.
Multi-World Technologies, LLC is a privately owned limited liability company incorporated in the state of Texas in February 2003, and headquartered in Austin, Texas.
We provide World class training, consultancy and design services. We develop custom web solutions and help medium to large businesses and organizations build a unique corporate identity.
We strive to improve the lives of individuals, the performance and efficiency of businesses through our knowledge transfer, our high quality education services, conveniently flexible.
We are HUB Certified in the state of Texas