Philip Bloom is an industry veteran of 23 years of which he spent a large portion working in broadcast news and documentaries. For the past few years he’s become a leading figure in the low budget digital film making world with his pioneering work using DSLRs and affordable large sensor camcorders. He also runs his website which educates and informs film makers of all levels around the world with visitors in excess of 1.25 million a month. He splits his time between shooting and directing projects and teaching globally. His recent high profile projects have included Lucas Films ‘Red Tails’ and the BAFTA/Raindance winning documentary ‘How to Start a Revolution’. Limited capacity.
Please note this is a master class and Philip will WILL NOT be covering the basics of DSLR. Prepare yourself by watching his beginner/intermediate videos here:
One day workshop, limited capacity
- Getting the best out of your DIGITAL CAMERA
- Looking at things differently – a lead into the shooting exercise
- Recording Sound
- Analysis of a piece. A large chunk of creativity with breakdown of lighting, pre production and so much more!
- Large Sensor Camcorders demonstration, including the Blackmagic camera.
- The joy of Time lapse (sunset at the beach)
- DRINKS! – a great chance to network with like minded people
Cost is $275 for eight hours with a hands on excursion.
DOORS OPEN - 9:30am
WORKSHOP MORNING 10:00am-1:00pm
LUNCH (included in price) 1pm – 1:30pm
WORKSHOP AFTERNOON 1:30pm- 3:30pm
SUNSET EXCURSION 3:30PM – 6:00PM
When & Where
Indie Film Club Miami
Not your ordinary film club
Indie Film Club Miami is a non-profit organization that fosters the growth, skills and cohesiveness of the South Florida film community. We work in collaboration with digital media content creators to better understand and represent the culturally diverse, unique South Florida perspective. Through education, assistance, mentorships, partnerships, and promotion, we are changing our creative landscape