Master Chef Program-18 Wks Sunday 1/26/14@9:30am - Payment Plans Available
CULINARY MASTER CHEF PROGRAM – 18 Weeks - $2,500
Includes the Culinary Institute of America's Textbook, Embroidered Chef Jacket, Chef Apron
This information-packed series is what CHEF ERICspent years learning at the CIassroom
Sunday, 1/26/14-6/8/14 9:30am-1:00pm
- Tuesday, 2/4/14-6/3/14 6:30pm-10:00pm
- Thursday, 3/13/14-7/10/14 6:30pm-10:00pm
· Hands-on techniques for immediate application in today's kitchens
· Ingredients are fresh and unprocessed
· Every student learns to prepare meals without recipes
· New Vegetarian Recipes
· Certificates are awarded upon completion of classes
· Pass the County Food Handlers Exam
· Class #1 - Knife Skills/Introduction to the Kitchen – The most important basic technique taught to all culinary students. Includes Basic Kitchen Equipment and Sanitation Instruction.
· Class #2 - Stocks – A great stock is the key to many recipes, Fish, Chicken, and Beef.
· Class #3 - Grand Sauces – Hollandaise, Béchamel, Veloute, Demi-Glace and Tomato Sauce. Students acquire important skills for sauce making.
· Class #4 - Soups – Many a great meal starts with wonderful soup. We explore a variety of recipes using stocks.
· Class #5 - Contemporary Sauces – Prepare fresh and tasty modern-style sauces perfect for accompanying all meals, including today’s lighter menus.
· Class #6 - Breakfast and Egg Cookery – Learn the versatility of breakfast/egg cookery with a variety of menus.
· Class #7 - Vegetable Cookery – Proper buying/storage of produce; delicious preparations of seasonal items.
· Class #8 - Potato Cookery – Potatoes are an essential item in any kitchen. Several different cooking techniques will be used by students in this important section.
· Class #9 - Dry Heat Cooking Methods – This class focuses on sautéing, broiling, grilling, and roasting.
· Class #10 - Moist Heat Cooking Methods – Practice techniques like poaching, braising, stewing and steaming.
· Class #11 - Pasta, Rice and Dumplings – Learn a variety of cooking methods for rice, dumplings and pasta.
· Class #12 - Appetizers and Hors d’ouvres – The focus is on dishes that might be enjoyed as a first course in a multi-course meal, as well as delectable tidbits to be nibbled at a cocktail party with presentation.
· Class #13 - Garde Manger and Charcuterie – The importance of sausages, terrines, pates and smoked items in the kitchen and dining room are explored in this exciting class – one of the favorites of the program.
· Class #14 - More Dry Heat Cooking – Reinforce techniques in class #9, with different ingredients/recipes.
· Class #15 - More Moist Heat Cooking –Reinforce techniques in class #10, with different ingredients/recipes.
· Class #16 - Wine and Food Pairing – The Chef constructs a menu with seasonal ingredients and pairs wines to accompany the menu as we taste several varieties with our meals.
· Class #17 - Instructor Menu – The Chef selects recipes for the students to make without substantial assistance and critiques plating, presentation and taste of the menus.
· Class #18 - Final Class – Students make an intricate menu with an entrée, vegetable and side dish without the use of recipes. Last class food critique and discussion follows as we wind up our Culinary Master Chef Program and Certificates are presented.
“For the aspiring Chef or the Home Cook, Culinary Chef I is a class that everyone should take. Chef Eric and his staff are more than hospitable. The knowledge you gain and the people you meet make you want to come back for more every week.”
Shayna Kay, Culinary Master Chef Graduate, Culinary Institute of America Student
WELCOME TO THE CULINARY CLASSROOM
*A PRIVATE COOKING SCHOOL*
WHERE WE TEACH COOKING CLASSES TO THE MASSES
CHANGING THE WAY WE EAT, ONE MENU AT A TIME
Bring your creativity and questions as you explore Cooking and Baking to start a new career or to impress your friends with your SKILLS as a Master Chef or Pastry Chef
HANDS-ON Cooking Classes
18-Week Culinary Master Chef Program – Certification Program
10-Week Culinary Baking/Pastry Program – Certification Program
4-Week Cooking Basics Series / Beginners Cooking
4-Week Healthy Cooking Series
4-Week International Cuisine Series
Vegetarian Cooking Class / Sushi Making Class
Team Building Events for Corporations
Weekend Cooking Classes / Weekend Baking Classes
Couples Romantic Cooking Classes / Date Night Classes
Private Cooking Parties / Cooking Celebrations
Intimate Setting / 12 Students in Class
Gift Certificates Available Via Email – The Perfect Gift for ANY Occasion
Register On-Line 24 Hours a Day @ www.culinaryclassroom.com/registration
Sign up for our Newsletter – we’ll send you Class Listings, Seasonal Recipes and Discounts!
Cook Well, Eat Well and BE Well! with Chef Eric Crowley
Convenient Parking/Freeway Close-405/10
1 Block East of Overland, Just North of Pico
Parking Just North of Pico on Overland6
2366 PELHAM AVENUE - LOS ANGELES, CA 90064
PHONE: 310-470-2640 - FAX: 310-470-2642