San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Us for a Peaceful protest at the Capitol.
JEFFREY M. SMITH
Director/Producer, Genetic Roulette: The Gamble Of Our Lives
Bestselling Author, Genetic Roulette and Seeds of Deception
Executive Director, Institute for Responsible Technology
Mr. Smith has counseled leaders from every continent, campaigned to end the use of genetically engineered bovine growth hormone (rbGH or rbST), and influenced the first state laws in the United States regulating GMOs. A popular keynote speaker around the globe, Mr. Smith has been described as “a life-changer”. Mr. Smith has lectured in 30 countries and has been quoted by world leaders and hundreds of media outlets including, The New York Times, Washington Post, BBC World Service, Nature, The Independent, Daily Telegraph, New Scientist, The Times (London), Associated Press, Reuters News Service, LA Times, Time Magazine and Genetic Engineering News. Mr. Smith is also a popular guest on leading radio shows and television programs, such as NPR and The Dr. Oz Show
* Danielle Morrow- from Food & Water Watch will discuss GE labeling and the corporate influence over our food system
* John Fehringer -Organic farmer
* Alan Lewis- How the GMO debate is unfolding in Washington
* Adam Powars- Personal Trainer
* Eric Belsey-Urban farmer
* DJ Brick Lee with Treehouse collective
* Broslyn Bards
* The Rowdy Shadehouse
* Lafayette St Players,will close the event with a Musical performance to Les Mis called Do You Hear the People Sing? **hopefully performance will turn into a flash mob**
Food available for purchase from Local Organic Lunch
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
No, this is a family friendly event open to all ages
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
On street parking, we recommend organising a carpool
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No this is a FREE event that is open to the public
When & Where
March Against Monsanto ~ Denver
Why do we march?
- Research studies have shown that Monsanto’s genetically-modified foods can lead to serious health conditions such as the development of cancer tumors, infertility and birth defects.
- In the United States, the FDA, the agency tasked with ensuring food safety for the population, is steered by ex-Monsanto executives, and we feel that’s a questionable conflict of interests and explains the lack of government-lead research on the long-term effects of GMO products.
- Recently, the U.S. Congress and president collectively passed the nicknamed “Monsanto Protection Act” that, among other things, bans courts from halting the sale of Monsanto’s genetically-modified seeds.
- For too long, Monsanto has been the benefactor of corporate subsidies and political favoritism. Organic and small farmers suffer losses while Monsanto continues to forge its monopoly over the world’s food supply, including exclusive patenting rights over seeds and genetic makeup.
- Monsanto's GMO seeds are harmful to the environment; for example, scientists have indicated they have caused colony collapse among the world's bee population.
What are solutions we advocate?
- Labeling of GMOs so that consumers can make informed decisions.
- Repealing relevant provisions of the US's "Monsanto Protection Act."
- Calling for further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs.
- Holding Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media, etc.
- Continuing to inform the public about Monsanto's secrets.
We will not stand for cronyism. We will not stand for poison. That’s why we March Against Monsanto.