Join us for a Peaceful protest and day full of fun and education! The March Against Monsanto - Denver is moving to City of Cuernavaca Park! Tickets are for the official March Against Monsanto in Denver in solidarity with over 400 cities worldwide! Unfortunately, the State Capitol is unavailable as other unrelated organizations have reserved the Capitol grounds and parks for the day.This location will allow for us to have a wide open space for music, #GMO education, and fun for the kids including a Butterfly Wing Making Craft Area and vending area to include healthy and environmentally friendly options and programs.This will offer space for playing with pets and having an afternoon picnic for those who choose!
This location is conveniently located at:3304 Rockmont Dr., Denver, CO, 80202, and is conveniently located just blocks from Denver Skate Park, Coors Field, REI and Commons Park West! We are excited to bring you a day of fun for the entire family.The March Against Monsanto rally will have a wide variety of vendors educating on the sustainable practice of growing your own food, how to build beehives, the dangers of pesticides and much much more!
Because parking is limited we are encouraging person to participate in public transportation or use alternative travel options including utilizing the Platt River Greenbelt!
March Against Monsanto Denver supports sustainable practices.All attendees are encouraged to pack in / pack out and recycle used materials as much as possible.We are asking all participants to please bring reusable BPA free water bottles for accessing our water stations. Single use plastics can leach poisons into your water when heated which is why we are encouraging all participants to avoid their use at this event.
Info on planning your RTD route including utilizing the new Union Station:http://www3.rtd-denver.com/elbert/SystemMap/
Check out all the March Against Monsanto - Denver events at:
Stay abreast of all the current information:
To become a vendor please email:
To sign up as a volunteer email:
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Please, bring your family! This years event will include a facepainting area, wing parties, vendors, speakers, music and more!!!
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
On street parking will be at a premium. We suggest using the above link to check the RTD routes. Our events are sustainable focued, mass transit is one great example!
The event is on the Platt River Greenbelt, a transportation hub for hundreds (if not thousands) of dialy commuters.
We are working on discussions with some local businesses to see what additional parking may be available.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No this is a FREE event that is open to the public
When & Where
March Against Monsanto ~ Denver
Why do we march?
- Research studies have shown that Monsanto’s genetically-modified foods can lead to serious health conditions such as the development of cancer tumors, infertility and birth defects.
- In the United States, the FDA, the agency tasked with ensuring food safety for the population, is steered by ex-Monsanto executives, and we feel that’s a questionable conflict of interests & explains the lack of government-lead research on the long-term effects of GMO products.
- Recently, the U.S. Congress and president collectively passed the nicknamed “Monsanto Protection Act” that, among other things, bans courts from halting the sale of Monsanto’s genetically-modified seeds.
- For too long, Monsanto has been the benefactor of corporate subsidies and political favoritism. Organic and small farmers suffer losses while Monsanto continues to forge its monopoly over the world’s food supply, including exclusive patenting rights over seeds and genetic makeup.
- Monsanto's GMO seeds are harmful to the environment; for example, scientists have indicated they have caused colony collapse among the world's bee population.
What are solutions we advocate?
- Labeling of GMOs so that consumers can make informed decisions.
- Repealing relevant provisions of the US's "Monsanto Protection Act."
- Calling for further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs.
- Holding Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media, etc.
- Continuing to inform the public about Monsanto's secrets.
We will not stand for cronyism. We will not stand for poison. That’s why we March Against Monsanto.