Come join HDI Orange County on March 29 for lunch, networking and valuable professional skill-building!
- Free for HDI Members
- $10 for non-members (first meeting is free)
Pete McGarahan - "Successful Knowledge Management"
The success of implementing technology and business changes across the enterprise has never been more critical to a company’s market relevance, financial growth and employee productivity. As companies grow in either size, service and product offerings or complexity, the increased demand to deliver consistent high quality services becomes more and more challenging. Knowledge Management (KM) has the power to transform the way services are delivered and experienced by both the valued customer and the productive employee as business is conducted on a daily basis. Organizations continuing to struggle with measuring sustainable business benefits from implementing technology and business change will benefit greatly from the industry lessons learned from successful KM implementations.
Peter McGarahan, a support industry analyst and expert, will share his experiences and thought leadership on successfully implementing KM to support and enable technology and business change across the enterprise. Peter will provide lessons learned and recommended practices from his Service Delivery and Knowledge Management (KM) consulting experience that will change your perspective on how to do Knowledge right!
Attendees will gain valuable insights into the following aspects of the topic:
- How Service leaders can best position and leverage knowledge for any technology and business change
- How to best approach planning for your next enterprise technology and business rollout with the end-result in mind
- Assessing your organizational maturity, identifying and addressing the gaps in performance to deliver a consistently better customer experience for customers and employees
- Introducing Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) best practices into your service and support environment to address resolving issues, answering questions and fulfilling requests
- Communicating and marketing the availability of "help thyself" functionality for better adoption, higher success rates and improved customer experience
About our speaker: Pete McGarahan
Peter McGarahan is the founder and president of McGarahan & Associates. Pete’s value to the service and support industry and business is his thought leadership. As a practitioner, product manager and support industry analyst and expert, he has influenced the maturity of the service and support industry. His passions for customer service led the Taco Bell support organization to achieve the Help Desk Institute Team Excellence Award. IT Support News also named him one of the “Top 25 Professionals in the Service and Support Industry” in 1999. Support professionals voted McGarahan “The Legend of the Year” in 2002 and again in 2004 at the Help Desk Professionals conference for his endless energy, mentoring and coaching and his valuable contribution to the support industry and community.
When & Where
HDI Orange County
Our Vision is "to be the leading source of knowledge, skills, and professional development for all IT Service and Support Professionals in the Southern California area.” To accomplish this, we see our Mission as “empowering IT Service and Support Professionals to develop personally and professionally through learning opportunities with industry experts, engaging network events, and training on industry best practices and vital business skills.” We hope you'll put us to the test, join in with HDI, and take part in our next scheduled event!