March 2013 FREE Membership Meeting
Monday, March 11, 2013 from 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM (PDT)
In honor of National Women in Construction (WIC) Week we have to put together an exciting evening of networking opportunities and great guest speakers.
NAWIC Puget Sound offers opportunities for D/WBEs and Corporations to meet the people they need to know. This event allows women business owners (under the federal DBE and/or state WBE certification programs) and procurement managers to connect with each other and learn more about each others organization. In these times, people do business with people they know.
Monday, March 11, 2013
4:30 pm – Professional Networking
5:00 pm – Welcome & Networking Exercise
5:30 pm – Guest Speakers (5)
6:20 pm – Final Networking
7:30 pm – Adjournment Cost: This is a FREE event, celebrating Women In Construction Week.
Please RSVP so that we can have adequate food and drink. Deadline to RSVP is NOON on Friday, March 8th. for more information, go to www.nawicpugetsound.org. In addition to our regular members, we will have special guests from the industry, including
• Amy Engel, Associate Director in the UW Capital Projects Office. Amy graduated in Construction Engineering in 1984 and worked in the construction industry with general contracting firms until going to work for UW in 2001.
• Chesca Ward, Director of the UW Business Diversity Program. Chesca is leading this year’s planning committee for the 2013 Regional Contracting Forum on April 2nd at the Washington State Convention Center (http://f2.washington.edu/bdp/rcf)
• Rhonda DeVito, Business Consultant for Seattle MBDA Business Center. Rhonda counsels minority business owners on how to grow their firms prosperously.
• Tina Bradley, Surety Bond Guarantee Specialist for SBA. Tina manages the SBA Business Info Center in Seattle. Tina has over 22 years of government service.
• Lindsay Taft, Attorney with Ahlers & Cressman, PLLC. Lindsay routinely assists general contractors and small woman/minority owned firms with their M/W/DBE questions.
Please join us!
When & Where
NAWIC Puget Sound Chapter #60
National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC); Enhancing the personal and professional success of women in construction. www.NAWICpugetsound.org
Master Builders Career Connection (MBCC); Promotes and supports residential construction industry and associates by providing education and career opportunities. www.ConstructionMatch.org